• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not good enough by far

J

The Chameleon
sorry lad's and ladettes..
worse than saturday, well maher was anyway.. to be fair the set pieces were better but he gave it away too many times, sorry he has to GO!
Smith played well, Goater was much better and prior made mistakes again.. JCR much better tonight

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 06 2005,21:59)]Goater was much better
rock.gif
are u sure, he was preety bad in my eyes today, worse than on saturday

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 06 2005,21:59)]Smith played well, Goater was much better and prior made mistakes again.. JCR much better tonight
Admit it, you weren't there were you ?

"smith played well" you have got to be kidding ! the bloke is a shadow of his former self

Goater made Tes look like an interested footballer!

Why dont we do a deal with Maher and Goater?............Buy one, get one free!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Dec. 06 2005,22:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 06 2005,21:59)]Smith played well, Goater was much better and prior made mistakes again.. JCR much better tonight
Admit it, you weren't there were you ?
Indeed i was there

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 06 2005,22:40)]lack of bottle from Tilson again he would not take Maher off
anyone want a bet with me that true blue criticises maher for his performance against bradford on saturday ?

i personally think no matter who we took off or put on tonight would have made any differance. we are getting so so predictable. not as predictable as true blue though

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 06 2005,22:50)]we are getting so so predictable
Predictably crap.

Maher played terrible this Saturday against Bradford by the way and Goater had another stinker!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 06 2005,21:59)]sorry lad's and ladettes..
worse than saturday, well maher was anyway.. to be fair the set pieces were better but he gave it away too many times, sorry he has to GO!
Smith played well, Goater was much better and prior made mistakes again.. JCR much better tonight
Apart from the first 15 of the second half, Maher was INFINITELY better than on Saturday.

Goater was ok for 5 minutes and the not so much faded as died.

Smith was anonymous and is just not the same player he was.

Agree on Prior.

JCR was good for an hour.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 06 2005,22:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 06 2005,22:40)]lack of bottle from Tilson again he would not take Maher off
anyone want a bet with me that true blue criticises maher for his performance against bradford on saturday ?

i personally think no matter who we took off or put on tonight would have made any differance. we are getting so so predictable. not as predictable as true blue though
Nope if maher has a good game I will be the first to praise him! infact Maher was better then last week but still way below par!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Dec. 06 2005,23:31)]Look's like my decision not to turn up tonight was a good one then.

rock.gif
An excellent one! Awful game and it was bloody freezing.

Paul Hall did provide us with one of the all time great comedy moments though....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 06 2005,23:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 06 2005,21:59)]sorry lad's and ladettes..
Apart from the first 15 of the second half, Maher was INFINITELY better than on Saturday.

Goater was ok for 5 minutes and the not so much faded as died.

Smith was anonymous and is just not the same player he was.

Agree on Prior.

JCR was good for an hour.
I still maintain that Smith is playing in the wrong position. You want him picking the ball up off the back-four and dictating play, not buzzing around trying to nip the ball off the opposition. He isn't Luke Guttridge, he isn't a box-to-box midfielder, he's a cultured play-maker.

Goater probably contributed more last night than he did on saturday. I'd like to see Lawson and Eastwood up front on saturday though. Gray did ok when he was on but when he's in the side we become too one-dimensional, the defence push up to mark Freddy and all we do is try to knock the ball between the back-line and the keeper for Wayne to run onto.

Prior didn't really do that badly but he just looks mere moments away from a howler everytime he has to do anything. I'd still stick Hunt there and bring Jupp back at right-back.

JCR needs to learn to cross it occasionally. He played well last night, especially in the first half when he was our only "out" option half the time. When they were pushing us back deep we could just give the ball to him and let him hold onto it for 20 seconds whilst the rest of the attacking players got into attacking positions. He's going to be a really good player somewhere but I have a doubt whether some of our fans will let that be here.

I hate some of our fans sometimes. Our young players don't need abuse hurled at them, they need to be encouraged. What does groaning at Lawson within two minutes of the kid coming on actually achieve? And I know he's not a young player, but whats does abusing Maher in the last minute for not shooting from 30 yards actually achieve? Have none of these people ever seen Kevin Maher shoot from 30 yards.....?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Dec. 07 2005,09:38)]I hate some of our fans sometimes. Our young players don't need abuse hurled at them, they need to be encouraged. What does groaning at Lawson within two minutes of the kid coming on actually achieve? And I know he's not a young player, but whats does abusing Maher in the last minute for not shooting from 30 yards actually achieve? Have none of these people ever seen Kevin Maher shoot from 30 yards.....?
Got to agree with you Beefy - the only thing I'll say is that every club probably has fans like this, international sides as well. Having said that - my brother and I were discussing last night how are fans don't help the team at times.

I don't mind having a quiet moan to a friend at a game - but physically shouting abuse at our own players is hardly going to spur them on.

Maher criticism is very much like the Bart v Flavs debate - boring!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Dec. 07 2005,09:52)]My brother and I were discussing last night how are fans don't help the team at times.

I don't mind having a quiet moan to a friend at a game - but physically shouting abuse at our own players is hardly going to spur them on.
It's worse than that - it is negative, defeatist, counter-productive. In short: it is wrong. As we showed under the likes of Wignall and Little, if you create a culture of defeatism and negativity at home, you will continually lose throughout the season. Turn Roots Hall into a seething bear-pit of passion for the home side, on the other hand, and visiting teams find it really uncomfortable.

It is time for the fans to do their f*cking job and <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SUPPORT</span> the team, and it&#39;s time they started it on Saturday.

Matt

Good shout &#39;bas blue&#39;, Maher, in my opinion was much better and i think he was actually one of the only players on the pitch to actually try and find a creative pass. Everyone else seemed scared that they&#39;d lose the ball&#33; and JCR? release the ball will you&#33; as bas blue said, it wouldn&#39;t have made any difference because we&#39;re to predictable.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 06 2005,22:50)]
[b said:

I would take up that bet but I&#39;m guessing you&#39;ll be giving odds of around 100/1 ON
biggrin.gif

Still given True Blue&#39;s recent postings it may just be worth a flutter
laugh.gif

Back