• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

south247

Coach⭐
Looks like Blair Sturrock could also miss start of season. Hopefully this gives more impetus to bringing another stricker in.Never a dull moment!!!

Another striker is needed IMO. Without Corr and Sturrock, we have Harris, Crawford, Asante and Johnson, at a push. I fear that Crawford and Asante aren't up to the standard of this league at the moment, so that leaves Harris and Johnson, which could work as there is the experience in Harris and the pace of Johnson could cause problems for some defences.

I'm sure we can put Leonard up front as he seems to have a cracking record so far! There is also the debate about Mohsni, who can also play up front, but who would partner Barker at the back? Prosser, Phillips or another signing?

Can't remember the last time we had so many options with so many utility players that can ACTUALLY play in more than one position instead of just filling in the gap.

If Ricketts signs then he could be pushed up as a support striker I imagine as could Hall.

Can always get someone on loan if need be.

If Ricketts signs then he could be pushed up as a support striker I imagine as could Hall.

I'd say in all likelihood while Corr's not fit we'll probably play the 4-3-3 with Harris as a main striker with 2 from Hall/JJ/Ricketts (if he signs) out wide. That is unless we do manage to bag another out-and-out striker....

So no truth that Blair may be retiring from league football due to injury and that a new contract was agreed and served up to increase insurance payment? Some of the things you hear, huh, unbelievable?

Another striker is needed IMO. Without Corr and Sturrock, we have Harris, Crawford, Asante and Johnson, at a push. I fear that Crawford and Asante aren't up to the standard of this league at the moment, so that leaves Harris and Johnson, which could work as there is the experience in Harris and the pace of Johnson could cause problems for some defences.

I'm sure we can put Leonard up front as he seems to have a cracking record so far! There is also the debate about Mohsni, who can also play up front, but who would partner Barker at the back? Prosser, Phillips or another signing?

Can't remember the last time we had so many options with so many utility players that can ACTUALLY play in more than one position instead of just filling in the gap.

As has been said already; Hall and Ricketts (if he signs) could also play up front in a 4-3-3. I would also like to see more of Asante, he looks to have some potential. So we do still have options up front. And, of course, Paterson has yet to actually leave the club so could still be considered to play if need arises.

Coughlan could easily partner Barker at Centre Back (like he did on many occasions last season). Phillips looks to be a decent player if he can stay fit. I'm confident Prosser will continue to improve, too.

Always good to have players who are flexible enough to be able to play in different positions and formations. I'm still confident for the new season even if Corr and Sturrock are out for the first month or so.

So no truth that Blair may be retiring from league football due to injury and that a new contract was agreed and served up to increase insurance payment? Some of the things you hear, huh, unbelievable?

Don't know about that, but i did hear from someone high up, shall we say,that having been injured on the final day of last season, Blair spent the off season golfing and on holiday.Then returns, still injured, having received no treatment.
Bags a new contract aswell.
Is it any wonder the other players get p****d off.

I think a striker is needed on loan, we wouldn't want to stretch our budgets on a extra forward - we should gone for Grime (if the spelling right) who was on loan at Lincoln from Millwall.

If were not going to trust Asante and Crawford for a few games alongside such an intelligent partner as Harris then they should either be on loan or at a different club

Back