• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sad news, so the terrorists waited for Euro 2016 to end and with less security about have hit a very soft target. Reports state the lorry drove through the crowds for over 1 mile.

****ing hell. Can anyone tell me ANYWHERE in the world where multiculturalism actually works? I'm not advocating a wholesale change of policy but wooly global liberalism started by the USA is destroying this world. The place where pre-pubescent kids are not having gender reassignment.

Sorry I don't want to detract from the main subject. Awful for me to wake up to. RIP the innocent (again)

****ing hell. Can anyone tell me ANYWHERE in the world where multiculturalism actually works? I'm not advocating a wholesale change of policy but wooly global liberalism started by the USA is destroying this world. The place where pre-pubescent kids are not having gender reassignment.

Sorry I don't want to detract from the main subject. Awful for me to wake up to. RIP the innocent (again)
Does it work in Hong Kong? You have moved into a different culture - is that working for you? It works fine where I live.

horrible news. IS are pure evil.

Dreadful news, can't comprehend how someone can deliberately drive at crowds of people - worse than a bomb in my opinion, as you're actually witnessing what you're doing...or maybe that was part of it.

My heart bleeds for the victims and their families.

French heart.jpg

Theresa May said we must double our efforts to defeat these brutal murderers who want to destroy our way of life. How are we or she going to do that? The seed is sown all over Europe. It's too late. There is much more to come. I've lost count how many attacks France has had in the last 3 years.
You're dealing with someone and his like that can drive a Truck at innocent people enjoying a celebration. Swerving in and out to hit as many as possible, even kids in pushchairs. They're actually coming up with more ways to kill and maim. How are they going to defeat this?

Last edited:
Theresa May said we must double our efforts to defeat to defeat these brutal murderers who want to destroy our way of life. How are we or she going to do that? The seed is sown all over Europe. It's too late. There is much more to come. I've lost count how many attacks France has had in the last 3 years.
You're dealing with someone and his like that can drive a Truck at innocent people enjoying a celebration. Swerving in and out to hit as many as possible, even kids in pushchairs. They're actually coming up with more ways to kill and maim. How are they going to defeat this?

I see what you did there. Clever.

:winking:

Does it work in Hong Kong? You have moved into a different culture - is that working for you? It works fine where I live.

The point quite simply in HK and many parts of Asia is, live in this country play by these rules. Complain that the west operates differently? Then go and live in the west. There's laws and practices out here that the EU would describe as contravening some BS rule or other. In a land where 93% are ethnic chinese and 3% are domestic helpers the rest really are the minority with the French thought to be the largest western nation. Rules aren't broken here or if they are the penalties are severe. An ID card is essential and I've seen more locals challenged than westerners, though Indonesians, Filipino and Thai win that race by virtue of the number overstaying a 2 week visa where those not looking for work are looking for 'work' with plenty of locals and Westerners prepared to pay for it. The HKers have an inbuilt hate of mainland Chinese and it is hardly surprising. Generalist comment but they come over the border in droves for day shopping, are rude, loud, push to the front of queues and even pee and poop in the street! Next in line are the helpers who frankly are treated like dog **** by locals, flouting every rule on conditions, pay, time off and holidays. The government turn a blind eye and even deport many of those that seek to complain because for every helper here another 2 want to come. The money compared to homeland is a massive draw. Westerners, especially the British are liked (as long as we play by the rules). There's only one big mosque, to my knowledge and 1 Indian enclave. They really are a minority surpassed only by black Africans/West Indians who, quite frankly are incredibly small in number. Nigerians are the most prominent and getting a bad name for drugs, which do not go down well here.

Judge it by Western standards and you misunderstand Asia. It works and works beautifully, just as long as you're not expecting full democracy in the case of HK. It is 1030pm. I'm sitting on my balcony with a cold beer in 30 degree heat and it won't be much less at 3am with a hot sunny weekend forecast. I love my home nation, England, my home county Essex and my true home Southend but quite frankly I see nothing pulling me back there any time soon.

The point quite simply in HK and many parts of Asia is, live in this country play by these rules. Complain that the west operates differently? Then go and live in the west. There's laws and practices out here that the EU would describe as contravening some BS rule or other. In a land where 93% are ethnic chinese and 3% are domestic helpers the rest really are the minority with the French thought to be the largest western nation. Rules aren't broken here or if they are the penalties are severe. An ID card is essential and I've seen more locals challenged than westerners, though Indonesians, Filipino and Thai win that race by virtue of the number overstaying a 2 week visa where those not looking for work are looking for 'work' with plenty of locals and Westerners prepared to pay for it. The HKers have an inbuilt hate of mainland Chinese and it is hardly surprising. Generalist comment but they come over the border in droves for day shopping, are rude, loud, push to the front of queues and even pee and poop in the street! Next in line are the helpers who frankly are treated like dog **** by locals, flouting every rule on conditions, pay, time off and holidays. The government turn a blind eye and even deport many of those that seek to complain because for every helper here another 2 want to come. The money compared to homeland is a massive draw. Westerners, especially the British are liked (as long as we play by the rules). There's only one big mosque, to my knowledge and 1 Indian enclave. They really are a minority surpassed only by black Africans/West Indians who, quite frankly are incredibly small in number. Nigerians are the most prominent and getting a bad name for drugs, which do not go down well here.

Judge it by Western standards and you misunderstand Asia. It works and works beautifully, just as long as you're not expecting full democracy in the case of HK. It is 1030pm. I'm sitting on my balcony with a cold beer in 30 degree heat and it won't be much less at 3am with a hot sunny weekend forecast. I love my home nation, England, my home county Essex and my true home Southend but quite frankly I see nothing pulling me back there any time soon.

Championship football in Fossetts Farm?

Theresa May said we must double our efforts to defeat these brutal murderers who want to destroy our way of life. How are we or she going to do that? The seed is sown all over Europe. It's too late. There is much more to come. I've lost count how many attacks France has had in the last 3 years.

Thats the scariest thing about it, theres no end game.

Nothing to defeat, no objective to meet. At least the IRA were fighting to unify Ireland and had an aim.

Last night showed you just need one crazed lunatic with a lorry to cause mayhem, and he is now dead.

Theres nothing to hit back at.

Until London is targeted, as it will be and by "British muslims". Lets see how multiculturalism works for people then.
Any news on the "Not in my name" march through the capital by horrified muslims? - No, thought not.

Until London is targeted, as it will be and by "British muslims". Lets see how multiculturalism works for people then.
Any news on the "Not in my name" march through the capital by horrified muslims? - No, thought not.

Much like Christianity Islam has a lot of different sects within it. The majority of ISIS's victims are actually Muslims because they view anyone that doesn't follow their extremist beliefs as a traitor to Islam. I don't know why we don't push this fact more, I get the feeling a lot of ISIS sympathisers in this country don't realise they target Muslims just as much as everyone else and might think twice if this was reinforced.

It's too late to worry about multiculturalism, the vast majority of these attacks come from Muslims born in the West, we could shut our borders tomorrow and we'd still be at risk of attack. We need to be pushing the facts to make potential radicalisation candidates question why they actually want to support ISIS, right now their getting all their information from people trying to indoctrinate them, unless you specifically look for it there's little information going to these people outlining why ISIS is evil. Indoctrination relies on feeding a very one sided viewpoint to someone as fact.

I'm not so sure London would be though. On a global scale maybe because the world associates with the tourist icons. On a local scale London is effectively lost as an ethnically English and Christian/Catholic conurbation. Feel free to call that what you will. I prefer to focus on facts. Guess what. Pretty much the whole of Southern England voted exit. London did not. Ask yourselves why you think that is the case. They'd actually have much more of an effect if they did it in, say, York, Chester or Bath.

For all my comments on this thread I actually believe multiculturalism can work as long as incomers respect the rules of the land they emigrate to. Sadly the UK no longer has that opportunity. I really don't want this to be a Moslem bash because I just do not believe that 99.9% of Moslems agree that what ISIS, Al-Qaeda or any other fundamentalist terror group are doing is either in their name or in the spirit of the Koran. The only counterpoint to that is there are not enough senior Islamic 'clerics' (I use ' ' deliberately) are willing to stand up and say no.

If you read or watch enough about how these organisations operate in any town, city or village they take over you will understand the human nature is to comply rather than not because for many the penalty is not just death, but death in despicable conditions or methods including, wives families and children. Indoctrination of new recruits to the cause isn't just because of the internet age. It is happening locally in a mosque or other gathering near you, citing whatever they need to cite to get a point across, promising a wonderful life and afterlife for the converts to the cause. It's incredibly easy for them to point out that Christianity is making up the rules as we go along. We could also say that about ISIS but we don't go around forming terror organisations to counter it.

I firmly believe one way to approach this is to actually publicise uncensored video of the atrocities worldwide. Bear with me on this. Censoring the IRA got us nowhere. Videos with the face of Gerry Adams, Martin McGuinness and others with Voiceover was, frankly, bizarre. It is graphic, stomach churning stuff and I've seen plenty of it. Read the real news rather than the dumbed down mainstream media bias (see the Moslem not in my name march not covered as another example). Even the good old BBC is, quite frankly, deteriorating by the week. It is the only way I think the world will wake up and say this has to stop.

Add into the mix that at various stages in world politics we will quite often arm and train the very people we later fight in some conflict or other and it just shows me that until the West wakes up and acknowledges its contribution to the world we have today nothing will change.

I thought this was an interesting read, of course, being from the Mail, many of you will denounce it regardless, but it demonstrates exactly what is worrying so many these days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ners-despairs-future.html?ito=social-facebook

An interesting read but doesn't say anything new. The crux of it is that too many Muslims feel isolated from the general community - which they won't moderate their ways to be part of AND then get peeved about it! : real Catch22 stuff, or chicken/egg question. The Norman Tebbitt question of "who do they support?" also applies.
The issue lies firmly within the Muslin migrant communities, & they have the majority power to change it, be it in France, or the UK.

Back