• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not sure what to make of this but......

shrimperian

Coach
......Please understand that this is not just another of those mates friends dogs brother said stories! A member of my family is an accountant at a big firm. He is not a football fan of any great shape although he has been to RH a few times with me. On Friday afternoon, one of his senior partners told him that he had been working on something to do with Southend and mistakenly believing that my family memebr was a fan he said, just hang in there for a couple of months....everything will reveal itself to your benefit! He wouldnt say anymore and my family member didnt know what he was on about anyway! He just phoned me to ask if SUFC were looking for a buyer!!!!!!

Sorry I cant put any more light on this but it does at least seem that something pretty large is going on behind the scenes. Oh and the players are apparently getting paid today (Annonymous player told me!)

......Please understand that this is not just another of those mates friends dogs brother said stories! A member of my family is an accountant at a big firm. He is not a football fan of any great shape although he has been to RH a few times with me. On Friday afternoon, one of his senior partners told him that he had been working on something to do with Southend and mistakenly believing that my family memebr was a fan he said, just hang in there for a couple of months....everything will reveal itself to your benefit! He wouldnt say anymore and my family member didnt know what he was on about anyway! He just phoned me to ask if SUFC were looking for a buyer!!!!!!

Sorry I cant put any more light on this but it does at least seem that something pretty large is going on behind the scenes. Oh and the players are apparently getting paid today (Anonymous player told me!)

Take your family member and the senior accountant out and get the boss man drunk enough to loosen his tongue.

Sorry I cant put any more light on this but it does at least seem that something pretty large is going on behind the scenes. Oh and the players are apparently getting paid today (Annonymous player told me!)

You are Ron Martin and I claim my £5

I wonder if this rumour will be recieved as well as the streams of other rumours recently...

Perhaps your family members boss thinks he like shopping at Sainsburys and they are moving development forward followed by a massive opening ceremony with a live PA from Jamie Oliver?

Sorry, but isn't this all a repeat of what Tilly said in the post match interview on SSN Friday night? That things would be in place in May and the players were to be paid on Monday!!

At the end of the day something has to give. I cant see ron not paying the players just because of finances. I have been thinking (hoping) for some time that ron is keeping quiet as he is on the cusp of something big and is waiting for all to paper work to be finalised before a huge "i told you i could do it " to the press/fans.

What a turn around if come the end of the season we are still league 1 with work under way on fossetts and purse strings loosened.

Come on Ron put us out of our misery.

Last edited:
My mate is a greengrocer and a keen golfer (although that isn't relevant).

Apparently, the club has just placed an order for a huge consignment of onions, so large in fact that they are being sourced from the far East, and will take approx 2 months to reach the club. The club is hoping they will reach us before the last home game of the season, a small batch will be held back for 'Meet the Blues day' and the rest will be frozen and defrosted just in time for our first game in L2.

We will shortly be able to track the shipment via UPS so I will be able to keep you all updated on a regular basis.

Exciting times!

Well this goes along with Tilly's post match comments. He said that a struggle for a couple of months and then we will be sorted after that.

Sorry, but isn't this all a repeat of what Tilly said in the post match interview on SSN Friday night? That things would be in place in May and the players were to be paid on Monday!!

Yes!! Exact Repeat.

Well this goes along with Tilly's post match comments. He said that a struggle for a couple of months and then we will be sorted after that.

When did he say this?

excellent.......i'm going down the bookies to put money on us getting promototed from whatever league we are in next season :clap:

So what does "sorted" actually mean?

Work to start on new stadium?

Players to be paid on time?

All monies for the RH site to be received from Sainsbury's?

So what does "sorted" actually mean?

Work to start on new stadium?

Players to be paid on time?

All monies for the RH site to be received from Sainsbury's?

Oooo, almost getting a tingling feeling ;)

Back