• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
It seems that the website where we got our smilies from has gone down - either they have gone bust, or been switched off, or are having technical problems.

The smilies that everyone can see every time are the generic ones we got with the messageboard. Those ones are saved on our server and therefore always available.

The ones you cant see are the ones which are hosted externally - and that site has gone down so the smilies effectively dont exist any more. The reason some of you can see them in some places and not others is because of your cookie settings on your PC - if your PC routinely saves a copy of images locally when you first view it, it will appear again next time you go to the same page - for example the 'post' or 'reply' screens, which are generic. Others who dont always save cookies will try to resolve the URL each time and will therefore be having problems now.

I could go into more detail about cookies, posts on the messageboard etc but its complicated to explain and you'll all have different settings... so basically the smilies we recently added are no longer available - but some of you will still see them occasionally due to cookie settings on your local PC.

I'll wait for a little while longer today to see whether the smiley site comes back up again and solves the problem. If it doesnt I'll just have to get us some new ones from somewhere else!

Cheers
Steve

My Wife has left me,the kids are packing to leave home ..this is an utter disgrace. Oh hang on you mentioned cookies........Typical.

Ta Steve for all your hard work I will put the Impending "Court Case" on hold.

Back