• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy Murphy

Schoolboy
I went to the game last night (not that you'd know there was a game, with all this Mohsni nonsense overshadowing things) and happened to spend the first half stood next to The Wee Birdie and his assistant/mate (not sure of the guy's name unfortunately). Did as much ear-wigging as possible and thought I'd share what I know with the rest of you.

So, in terms of trialists from the 1st half:

Folly - PS seemed really impressed with him, kept referring to the fact that he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. I understand Folly is training with us purely for fitness as things stand, but has said he'd be happy to sign for us. He looked composed on the ball, and passed well spreading the play as often as possible, but looked a bit defensively inept to me (but then, what do I know, I'm just an ignorant dullard!)

Fofana - the comments were 'simply not fast enough' and 'sloppy passer'. Doesn't bode well for him! Then again, he played a fantastic ball over the top in the 2nd half for Coker's goal, so perhaps he'll get more time.

Tomney - nippy American guy who kept beating his man for pace but did little else to impress. PS's assistant even commented upon an offside decision going against him, 'that's the best thing he's done all match!' Again, doesn't bode well.

That's all I caught re the trialists, but others that seemed to impress:

Mullings - a rangy forward, he showed pace at times, a decent touch and got a goal. PS's assistant did most of the talking about this fella.

Payne - replaced Folly 2nd half and did a very decent, similar job. Looked composed throughout, good range of passing, got himself a goal. No complaints!

Coker - Constantly looked dangerous when introduced, took Fofana's pass well and finished tidily.

So, yeah. That's my match report/tweets from The Wee Birdie. Hope this is of interest to some, and hopefully provides a glimmer of positivity to an otherwise Mohsni-tarnished Tuesday!

I went to the game last night (not that you'd know there was a game, with all this Mohsni nonsense overshadowing things) and happened to spend the first half stood next to The Wee Birdie and his assistant/mate (not sure of the guy's name unfortunately). Did as much ear-wigging as possible and thought I'd share what I know with the rest of you.

Graham Coughlan?

No, not Coughlan – he was managing the team. PS was just watching from the sidelines with this mystery man. When I say ‘assistant/mate’ I just meant he was assisting in running the rule over the trialists. He was an older chap, grey hair, average height and build – that’s as good a description as I can give, I’m afraid!

No, not Coughlan – he was managing the team. PS was just watching from the sidelines with this mystery man. When I say ‘assistant/mate’ I just meant he was assisting in running the rule over the trialists. He was an older chap, grey hair, average height and build – that’s as good a description as I can give, I’m afraid!

The return of Frankie Banks?

Not this guy either then?

3537357.png

Tomney - nippy American guy who kept beating his man for pace but did little else to impress. PS's assistant even commented upon an offside decision going against him, 'that's the best thing he's done all match!' Again, doesn't bode well.

Timlin, Tomlin, now Tomney!? Have we over-ordered certain letters in the club shop again?

Thought Folley looked really good, but obviously against poor opposition. PS's comments on the other 2 spot on really. The number 9 had brilliant pace though, and the 8 looked like Diame, was just a little too slow on the ball. Could be worked with I reckon though

I'm guessing it was Alf Bilby, who i'm sure was at the West Ham friendly in the dugout from time to time ?

Back