• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you select him?

• I should say! We want entertainment!

Votes: 102 71.8%
  • Not a chance, mush!

Votes: 40 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well there you go. I'm off to put my daughter bed, cook dinner and watch a film. See you tomorrow. If it's any good I may even be positive about it.

MK , I agree with many of your posts , but you've clearly made up your mind already on Mohsni and have already said you weren't there today , so don't see how you can have such strong views ( other threads ) on today............

Well there you go. I'm off to put my daughter bed, cook dinner and watch a film. See you tomorrow. I may even be positive about it, you never know.

Might be a good idea mate. 'Told you so' is the last thing anyone wants to hear right now. And it's a poor commentary on what happened anyway as most people at the game would probably testify. Sad thing is, Mohsni was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch until his tackle and, as someone pointed out before, it was more in the category of accidental and mistimed than malicious and dangerous - certainly a long way from inevitable. Putting aside his previous, this was a real kick in the bollocks - for both players.

You really can't write the stuff that happens in football sometimes.

:sad:

Having been in an internet vacuum having left my phone at home when I left for work today, it wasn't until I got to the game that I see the rumours had become truth.

I didn't want him back. I love the guy's commitment but the way he went about trying to get a move, badly advised or not, was dreadful. I can't forgive the way he treated the club I support & I certainly wasn't going to be applauding his name being read out over the PA. However PS is a man I have great respect for so as much as I disagree with it, let's see how it pan's out.

A few headers well won, well you'd expect that of a CB, some nice touches instead of hoofing away & then lets try to take the blokes head off, and there we have it, still an ill-disciplined player who on balance does more harm than good. PS was lost for words on BBC Essex when asked if he'd play again for SUFC, but the answer is surely never again, risky decision gone badly wrong.

But you know what surprised me more? Fan's in the East applauding him as he trudged off, can one of those explain just WTF you were applauding?

Massive bias against the lad here. He won every header, his distribution was excellent and he made a committed tackle to win the ball, as did the Northampton player who made a meal of the incident and got Mohnsi sent off.

Maybe Mohs' isn't quite match sharp. Had he been playing regularly he just might have had that extra half a yard and made what would have been a good challenge. Agreed it was a red card but not from malice or, in Cresswell's case, stupidity. But that's another topic...Other way round...Unlucky, Cress, Nutter Mohsni?

Put to one side how he treated the club for moment.
Yes that's a big issue and worthy of debate etc , but let's look at todays incident shall we.

You say you were at the game , but I've no idea where you sat or what your view of the tackle was.
Yes he caught the man , but 'accidental and mistimed' is a world away from 'malicious and deliberate' and it was clearly the former.
I commented on another thread that the ref was 'waiting to make a name for himself' and someone took an opposing view as it was deemed we and the player were not high profile etc.
Well believe me , this ref would have known about Mohsni's season and I believe he acted with that in mind.
I am not defending any of his past actions , but he was treated harshly today IMO.

As for Sturrocks decision - what would you have him do ?
The man ( PS ) has been great for us , so don't start knocking him now for trying to put out a team to compete.

I sit in the South Upper & from there it looked high with studs showing. Absolutely needless 'challenge' in the middle of the pitch with no real danger about.

Just where am I knocking PS? I said I have a great deal of respect for him. I've said I didn't agree with it & that I think it's a risky decision gone wrong, but I havn't knocked him. I dont buy the ref out to make a name for himself, it was right in front of him & like Spicers late, two footed challenge in the Burton(?) match, it was always going to be a red card whoever the ref.

Massive bias against the lad here. He won every header, his distribution was excellent and he made a committed tackle to win the ball, as did the Northampton player who made a meal of the incident and got Mohnsi sent off.

Think you need to take your garlic tinted specs off mate.

I sit in the South Upper & from there it looked high with studs showing. Absolutely needless 'challenge' in the middle of the pitch with no real danger about.

Just where am I knocking PS? I said I have a great deal of respect for him. I've said I didn't agree with it & that I think it's a risky decision gone wrong, but I havn't knocked him. I dont buy the ref out to make a name for himself, it was right in front of him & like Spicers late, two footed challenge in the Burton(?) match, it was always going to be a red card whoever the ref.

You said that you didn't agree with Sturrocks decision to pick Mohsni , so surely that's 'knocking him' in terms of his team selection ?

You said that you didn't agree with Sturrocks decision to pick Mohsni , so surely that's 'knocking him' in terms of his team selection ?

Just because I disagree with a decision he makes doesn't mean I'm knocking him. I wouldn't have the respect for him that I do if I was one of his critics.

You can disagree with something & still back him to do a job for us, which I do & I'm sure he will.

No real danger, Prosser was out of position after a bad header and a weak challenge and one knock over the top and their bloke west stand side was through. Mohsnis would have been slated had he let the bloke play him in

One thing im pretty sure off, reading some off the threads on here week in week out, i think promotion or not we will lose the best manager outside of the premiership at the end of this season, and it wont be Mr Martins doing. I think he will off his own accord leave our club,He like Mohsni is too good for us, we really dont deserve , some people on here are so unforgiving, yes they are passionate about our club ,but unwilling to forgive and forget. It must make PS job twice as hard as it should be. Im sure he will leave for greener pastures, maybe take Evans job at Rotherham, they need a decent manager. BBBC said it all in his interview , he likes Mohsni and hope he stays, too say that MOHSNI cannot be that big a distraction to the players. Im willing to bet just about every player in the club would say the same thing.

If someone stamped on your balls with metal studs, would you not go down in a heap?! Mohsni got himself sent off, no-one did it for him.

Had some good banter with him though. He was in the stand at the side near the away end during the second half, took most of the stick he got well, and when we were chanting 'Mohsni's going AWOL' at him on the way out of the ground, he gave us a big grin, winked and then clapped us. I did not see him acknowledge any of your fans at any stage though, apart from the kids that came to have their pictures taken with him. Incredible for him to give us more recognition than he gave you when you're paying his wages. Can't understand why so many of you are so forgiving of someone who has completely and utterly taken the **** out of you the past 12 months.

The ****ing tosser should be sacked, seriously how many chances can one bloke be given. I was so angry at the time and I'm still ****ed off now he has let everyone down including himself.

Moshni didnt let any one down he mistime his tackle,it happens every weekend to players up and down the league GET OVER IT.Up untill that point he was the best player on the pitch.Moshni is a class act at this level and i for one would have him in my team every day of the week.

Mistimed his tackle! He charged in with his foot ridiculously high when there was 3 of our players around the Northampton player, he did even have to try and win that ball. Just watched it for the first time since the game and I haven't changed my mind that it was reckless and unecessary.

If someone stamped on your balls with metal studs, would you not go down in a heap?! Mohsni got himself sent off, no-one did it for him.

Had some good banter with him though. He was in the stand at the side near the away end during the second half, took most of the stick he got well, and when we were chanting 'Mohsni's going AWOL' at him on the way out of the ground, he gave us a big grin, winked and then clapped us. I did not see him acknowledge any of your fans at any stage though, apart from the kids that came to have their pictures taken with him. Incredible for him to give us more recognition than he gave you when you're paying his wages. Can't understand why so many of you are so forgiving of someone who has completely and utterly taken the **** out of you the past 12 months.

Both players went in for the challenge 100%. Your guys foot was the same height as Mohsni's.

Both players went in for the challenge 100%. Your guys foot was the same height as Mohsni's.
But Hackett pulled out and Mohsni just kept going. It was a red card. And my point was more to do with the fact you can't blame Hackett for "making a meal of" someone stamping on his balls.

But Hackett pulled out and Mohsni just kept going. It was a red card. And my point was more to do with the fact you can't blame Hackett for "making a meal of" someone stamping on his balls.

I think stamping isn't the correct term. That would insinuate your player was on the floor and Mohnsi deliberately raised his foot and forcefully lowered it onto your player. Fact is both players raised their feet and we have all seen sending off for raised feet without any actual connection.

I didn't go yesterday and have just seen the sending off incident on tv. He was studs up at waist height. As such I can't see why so many people on here are saying it wasn't that bad. If one of their players had done that we would be SCREAMING for red.

PS stated at the AGM that you can,t dislike M as a person and the reason he felt Moshni made the decision to leave was influenced mainly by his agent.Given the situation with injuries yesterday I still think PS made the right decision ,and for the first 20 mins we looked a better balanced side than on Tuesday night.A rash challenge ,which was later repeated by 2 NT players in different circumstances not even rewarded with a booking.

Back