• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Notts County

Boreham Shrimper

President
What a shambles of a football club. Their manager Hans Backe has now quit the club and apparently the players have been told that there is only enough money to pay them for December and January.

It just goes to show that you should be careful what you wish for. Those Arab "backers" properly screwed them over before they ****ed off again!

..and for those of us that remember Anton Johnson.

or c**t as my father and I like to call him, what a farce the whole notts county thing has been, sol campbell sussed it and said thanks but you can shove this sham up your bottom openings, mind you the thought of hughes being messed about and generally annoyed fills me with joy

What on EArth is going on with these Arab backers? I just dont get what happened at Notts County and Portsmouth. Were these people not aware of the costs and whatever else is involved in running a football club and therefore scarpered quickly, or did they never actually ahve the money?

Now our embargo is sorted out can we at least finally get that Matt Ritchie on loan from Pompey & steal in to sign Daniel Jones (as he was supposed to be signing for Notts County permanently? Thank you please...

What on EArth is going on with these Arab backers? I just dont get what happened at Notts County and Portsmouth. Were these people not aware of the costs and whatever else is involved in running a football club and therefore scarpered quickly, or did they never actually ahve the money?

I am not sure, but the Munco (sp) people passed the Football Leagues tests as suitable to run a business, as it turns out it looks like they can't run a bath. As for Portsmouth they've had so many owners of late it must be difficult to keep track.

Now our embargo is sorted out can we at least finally get that Matt Ritchie on loan from Pompey & steal in to sign Daniel Jones (as he was supposed to be signing for Notts County permanently? Thank you please...

I thought Matt Ritchie signed for Notts County.
I'd say there will be a January exodus from Meadow Lane whatever happens, and I'd imagine that Eriksson won't be too far behind their latest ex manager.

I thought Matt Ritchie signed for Notts County. I'd say there will be a January exodus from Meadow Lane whatever happens, and I'd imagine that Eriksson won't be too far behind their latest ex manager.

Don't think so. Didn't Ritchie say he was either prepared to sign in January or wanted his loan extended with a view to signing in the summer? Shame they didn't go as far as loaning Beckham, that would have been marvellous if they imploded when he was there.

Ritchie is indeed on loan there and hasn't done half as well as he did at the Daggers. He obviously likes Essex so go get him, Ron. ;)

100% echo the statements about Ritchie. Would be a great asset.

Talking to people up here, the thing that suprises me the most is that the County fans I work with really expected this to be the real thing.

Signing Schmeichel, Sven being involved, the promised Academy etc.... Premiership in five years.

Really???! There was only ever one way this was going to end.

Same way as our bag of bollocks consortium.

Back