• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Notts County

mattitouk

Life President
All this talk of clubs in financial trouble........

I don't have a particular personal feeling for Notts County, however being the oldest existing football club in the world of our beloved sport, I wish them all the very best of luck, and hope they bouce back from Non League Football soon..... Also (for those not aware) they are the reason / inspiration & why Juventus still wear the famous black and white stripes on their kit to this day since they copied it way back in 1903.

Not to mention having a 20,000 seater stadium that has been around for 110 years, with a crowd of a similar size, if not probably larger than ours?.... dropping into non league football should be a warning sign for every fan regardless of who you support, or your history.

On the face of it, we should be lucky (kind of) that we still exist and are still playing Division One football.

In hindsight, It's been a really tough couple of seasons for us all, but on reflection, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

UTB

:Happy:

Last edited:
All this talk of clubs in financial trouble........

I don't have a particular personal feeling for Notts County, however being the oldest existing football club in the world of our beloved sport, I wish them all the very best of luck, and hope they bouce back from Non League Football soon..... Also (for those not aware) they are the reason / inspiration & why Juventus still wear the famous black and white stripes on their kit to this day since they copied it way back in 1903.

Not to mention having a 20,000 seater stadium that has been around for 110 years, with a crowd of a similar size, if not probably larger than ours?.... dropping into non league football should be a warning sign for every fan regardless of who you support, or your history.

On the face of it, we should be lucky (kind of) that we still exist and are still playing Division One football.

In hindsight, It's been a really tough couple of seasons for us all, but on reflection, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

UTB

:Happy:

Indeed.It's a wonderful ground.

That is such a shame for this oldest Professional Football Club in the World which was founded in 1862. They were also one of the founding members of the Football League in 1888.

440px-NottsCountyGeorgeHotel1862.jpg

Notts County's ground Meadow Lane with a capacity of 19,841, is also close to Nottingham Forest's City Ground.

Nottingham.jpg

Hope the Magpies bounce back into the League.

my first away game was there.
4th may.1968....lost 4-3,coach broke down on the way to Nottingham.
Then 51 years later,to the day,County go out of the league.
Very sad,i believe they had ,many years ago,the oldest wooden? stand in the UK,maybe the world(then),but they just ripped down and threw it away.
Again,very sad.Should have been saved...but thats the UK for you

Also ,its a shame Yeovil went out.
Would liked to have seen them stay in.
Its a shame that everything seems to be more centralised now.
Enjoyed going to(and hope they all come back) places like
Torquay,Workington,Southport,Barrow,Hartlepool,Darlington

Just to clarify. They're the oldest professional football club in the world. Or they were until they got relegated.

The oldest football club in the world is Sheffield FC (not to be confused with Sheffield United FC).

Just to clarify. They're the oldest professional football club in the world. Or they were until they got relegated.

The oldest football club in the world is Sheffield FC (not to be confused with Sheffield United FC).
Out of interest, are they not still the oldest professional football club? I don't think they went semi pro when they went down?

Out of interest, are they not still the oldest professional football club? I don't think they went semi pro when they went down?

Agreed, it depends on how you define professional. Personally i'm quite happy to rub salt into their wounds.

I recall Juventus opened their new stadium with a friendly against Notts County due to the history of Notts County supplying Juve with the black & white shirts.

Nice to see one of footballs good guys, Lee Hughes getting the equalizer. :Whistling:

I recall Juventus opened their new stadium with a friendly against Notts County due to the history of Notts County supplying Juve with the black & white shirts.

Nice to see one of footballs good guys, Lee Hughes getting the equalizer. :Whistling:

Lee Hughes was always very quick off the mark......Especially when he had just killed someone or assaulted them.

Last edited by a moderator:
HMRC debt now settled, players paid and the transfer embargo lifted following their takeover. Happier days in Nottingham.

Back