• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

November's Fixtures

After a very successful October, we (S.U.F.C.) have a slightly less busy November.

Interesting times - Notts County have won their last 5 games.

Notts County have won their last 7 league games scoring 23 and conceding 5. Pretty formidable. If we can avoid defeat against them then we really will be true play-off contenders.

After watching the last few games since the cup tie against Woking we have turned the corner in that we are now scoring the goals from the opportunity we have created,long my it continue.

Regrettably like all clubs we will have setbacks with injuries.

On paper the Notts game is the hardest but as we all know football isn't played on paper but if we continue to score from our chances this month could be highly productive and come December the table could look very interesting viewing

Notts County have won their last 7 league games scoring 23 and conceding 5. Pretty formidable. If we can avoid defeat against them then we really will be true play-off contenders.
Every winning/ unbeaten run has to end sometime, maybe ours will tomorrow, maybe theirs will next Tues?. Nothing's predictable in football!.

Every winning/ unbeaten run has to end sometime, maybe ours will tomorrow, maybe theirs will next Tues?. Nothing's predictable in football!.
perhaps im a negative person , but ive always thought to myself that every game you win brings you 1 game closer to a loss ,But on the other hand i wouldnt mind that loss being a preseason friendly next year .

Win your homes, draw away and your champions. So I'd be happy with 9 points

Try telling that to Wrexham, who averaged 2 points a game last season and weren’t promoted.

This season they’re on track to better that and still not get promoted.
Very true. But in the context of where we need to be (ie playoffs, auto spot is a pipe dream), 2 points a game will get us there comfortably.

I hope the teams attitude is one game at a time ,look to far ahead and performance will drop, I would be over the moon if we can pickup or better 10 points from november fixtures.

Win your homes, draw away and your champions. So I'd be happy with 9 points

No you won’t be.

Try telling that to Wrexham, who averaged 2 points a game last season and weren’t promoted.

This season they’re on track to better that and still not get promoted.

To be champions you need to be thinking of going on runs of 7 or 8 wins in a row.

Remember last season when we went 13 undefeated with something like 9 wins and 4 draws in that time we only had the second best form in the division. We’re currently in play-off form though so it’s not all bad news.

No you won’t be.

To be champions you need to be thinking of going on runs of 7 or 8 wins in a row.

Remember last season when we went 13 undefeated with something like 9 wins and 4 draws in that time we only had the second best form in the division. We’re currently in play-off form though so it’s not all bad news.

Over the last 5 seasons (ignoring 19/20 as season didnt complete) only twice have champions achieved over 2pts per game average.

So win home, draw away (ie 2pts per game avg) and you're likely to be champions.

Only once has 2 pts per game not been enough for second place.

I am with @stewart on this, play one game at a time, the next game. Keep a thought for the games ahead but most points have equal value, with the odd games against positional table rivals sometimes BIGGER than 3 points.
Notts C are out ahead by a length but it is early stages in this race, too much can, and will happen.

Reactions: TSG
I am with @stewart on this, play one game at a time, the next game. Keep a thought for the games ahead but most points have equal value, with the odd games against positional table rivals sometimes BIGGER than 3 points.
Notts C are out ahead by a length but it is early stages in this race, too much can, and will happen.

I can't remember the year (? around 1990 perhaps) but we (S.U.F.C.) were miles ahead of Cambridge United - I think we may even have been top of the division (? division 4). Sadly it was Cambridge that ended up above us in the league.

They were the best team I saw last season.
Jayden Richardson, the fullback we nearly signed but went on loan to Notts instead was brilliant. He's now at Aberdeen.

We were well in that game until Ralph's mistake. Then the injury to Arnie happened and it was curtains.

The loss of Wotton really hasn't affected their scoring ability. Langstaff has been amazing. Be a good test for him and us to see if he can get anything against our formidable defense.

Tomorrow (Dorking) will be the 3rd of the 5 fixtures. We have 4 points from 6 so far.

I see that Gateshead are now bottom with 2 points from their last 5 games. Their latest loss was a narrow defeat away at Chesterfield & Gateshead have a game in hand.

Aldershot's fabulous run came to an end with a 6-1 loss away at Torquay. Their game on Tuesday was postponed.

Last edited:
4 points Rattus.

I think we will end with another 7 as well to round off the month on 11 points from 15 available and remain unbeaten in the league still which would be incredible stuff

Back