• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now connies gone!!!!!!!

As far as I know we still have Dudfield who looks more like a striker than Connie ever did, also Corbett is a talented player and I have yet to see him miss a penalty, and before anyone says he hasnt taken one. Yes he has in the ESC and it was one of the better taken penalties of the season, which of course cant be hard.

Bob Cratchitt - Corbett did take one pen in the league + scored, just before he got injured, can remember who it was against though. I just meant I dont want to witness another howler like Drewe's effort!

So at the mo we have 3 out and out fowards(in tilly's plans) in Drewe, Dudfield and Tes. So another 1 is needed especally with tes's injury record. Corbett too can play their but he is also injury prone.

Ive heard a rumour about Chris Armstrong joining us has any one else heard this? I would rather get someone like Grazoli from Barnet.

Now Lawrie should get about 15 - 20 goals a season, so we need someone to play upfront with him who could score enough goals e.g tes who next year IMO IS HIS MAKE OR BREAK YEAR he has the talent now its time he proves it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet boy @ May 21 2004,18:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ May 21 2004,17:40)]Michael Reddy has been released by Sunderland.  Proven track record of scoring at lower league clubs.  He wasn't on 'silly' money as Sunderland drastically reduced their wage bill in the past couple of years.  He could well be to look at.
Forgot about him being released. Whats his track record like?  
rock.gif
Well, it was enough for Doncaster, Sheffield Wednesday and Swindon Town to all make bids for him when he was on loan with them.  Sunderland simply wanted him as back-up and to keep him match-fit so they refused each time.

But it does sound like Tilly has someone else in mind to bring in.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a 'surprise' on or around 8th June ...

I wish I could say but I can't. Simply because I don't know myself! But I have been informed by the same person who told me that Leon hadn't had a contract offer on Monday that there could well be a 'surprise' at around that time.

This person I have been told this info from is trustworthy, works (so that rules out Terryinthewest!), occasionally posts on here and is fairly well known to away travellers. I tend to believe his word much more than my own!

Wasn't it Confuscious who said 'May you live in interesting times'? Either him or Kat Slater, anyway. Today has indeed been an interesting time for us!

8th June?!  But... that's AGES away...

sad.gif

Oh well.  That said, I could do with an SZ break for a while, this seally season stuff is doing my head in, especially the outporing of anger at Connie & Ron Martin.  It's life, let's move on.

I was a big fan of Connie - he's underrated as a finisher by many on here.  If Posh give him good service, he'll get plenty, and good luck to him.

Dudfield has, however, looked twice the player Connie is - in terms of attitude and ability, and already has an excellent scoring record with us (every other game?)... I'm looking forward to seeing permutations involving Corbett, Dudders and Droo next season.

We will still be a force to reckoned with next season, despite Connie's departure.

Matt

yep MtS, I'll go along with that.

Connie was a great finisher, if the right ball came into him, and our midfield learnt fairly quickly how he likes it. Dudfield, from what I've heard, is the same, but is more adaptable when it comes to supply.

I know I'll get mocked for this, but I can see Broughton playing a big role next season. just think what Rebrov was like at Tottenham without Shevchenko.

I can't see Broughton scoring a hatful for us, but I still feel with the right foil, he'll add 20 goals next season (as in he'll score 5-10, yes, I honestly believe that, and he'll set up at least 10)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ May 21 2004,23:39)]Wasn't it Confuscious who said 'May you live in interesting times'? Either him or Kat Slater, anyway. Today has indeed been an interesting time for us!
Sadly no , its actaully an old Chinese curse , meaning may you live in unstable and chaotic times !!!

Which seems about right at the minuite
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,17:34)]That's it lets all dream and try to be funny, face facts we are going nowhere and  never will, put up the prices, dwindle the crowds and finish middle to bottom half every year
We're doomed! DOOMED I SAY!

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ May 21 2004,17:34)]That's it lets all dream and try to be funny, face facts we are going nowhere and  never will, put up the prices, dwindle the crowds and finish middle to bottom half every year
wiggy, please, please, please tell me you're not a youngster. We have enough moaning old gits as it is without another generation of old bastards coming through the ranks.

mad.gif

Just long as its not Broughton and Bramble upfront i dont care.

Dudfield and someone who can score goals if it means the club stumping up cash it may just be worth it in the long run.

They have put prices up, surely we should get more for our money.

Back