• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now Here's a Dilema

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
About 2 1/2 years ago we gave our last remaining cat away. The reason was that we suspected our youngest was allergic to him, although we couldn't be 100% sure. The vet helped us find someone to take him in. It was a friend of the vet and she assured us these people knew what they were doing.

Anyway, within two days of being rehomed he had escaped from their house. They put up posters etc but he wasn't found.

However, about half an hour ago we got a call from a vet to say that a lady that has been feeding him for about a year has handed him in, because she has decided she can't keep him, and would we like him back? (He's chipped and our names are still registered.)

Is your youngster still allergic to cats?

If so some sort of cat space suit could do the trick or maybe a giant hamster ball.

We don't know. But we've made the decision to have him back. He's about 12-13 years old now so won't be long for this world, and we feel we owe him after what he's been through.

We don't know. But we've made the decision to have him back. He's about 12-13 years old now so won't be long for this world, and we feel we owe him after what he's been through.

Good call - as a cat man (with two 16 year olds) this is what I would have done :thumbsup:

I didn't get round to replying before you posted this but am so pleased you are taking him back. As a real cat lady (1 of mine is 15), I think that is definitely the right decision :clap:

...a lady that has been feeding him for about a year has handed him in, because she has decided she can't keep him, and would we like him back? (He's chipped and our names are still registered.)

Am I the only one troubled by this bit?

How about "she decided she can't keep him because he isn't her ****ing cat!?" Would a right thinking person not have realised someone was missing a moggy?

Am I the only one troubled by this bit?

How about "she decided she can't keep him because he isn't her ****ing cat!?" Would a right thinking person not have realised someone was missing a moggy?

No, I thought that too, with lots of pets being chipped these days, you would have thought she would have had the cat checked.

Good decision londonblue, hopefully the allergy issue will have passed and you can give him a loving home in his old age and I am sure he will give you lots of purrs in return. :high five:

Apparently you can get cats now that are ok to have with people who have allergies to cat hair.

Great thing you have done the right choice I think very few people wouldn't of done what you did.

No, I thought that too, with lots of pets being chipped these days, you would have thought she would have had the cat checked.

I had a cat that was a bit of a roamer, once went missing for 6 months then turned up on the doorstep one day. Anyway, he ended up being attacked by something and had a gash under his leg so went to the vets who stitched it up be he could but was quite open so needed to stay indoors with one of those lampshade collars on so he couldn't scratch and re-open the wound. He ended up getting out with the collar still on. Looked for him everywhere but no luck. Got a call 2 weeks later from the local vet to say they had him and to get there quick. Just enough time to say goodbye. He was infested with maggots due to the wound opening up and not being looked after and was put down.

Turns out he had ended up in a woman's garden with lampshade collar still on. Rather than look at the name and number on his collar, she fed him and let him stay in her garden for 2 weeks till he got to the point where he couldn't move or eat. She then looked at his collar and took him to the vet. If she had checked his collar the day she saw him with an anti scratch collar on, he would be here today.

If I ever found a cat with one of those collars on, I'd take him straight to the vet, the poor thing obviously shouldn't be out.

That's horrible Phil! Poor cat, and you're right, clearly it shouldn't have been out so she should have taken it to a vet.

That's horrible Phil! Poor cat, and you're right, clearly it shouldn't have been out so she should have taken it to a vet.

I can't think of many times I have felt sadder in my life if I'm honest. I have his name tag on my key ring so he is always near. Sad maybe, but he was the best pet I ever had. I do love animals and would have loved to work for the RSPCA but the money was never good enough to support me. I hate to ever see animals mis-treated.

My current moggy doesn't want to know me since the day I brought my daughter home from the hospital. In the winter she comes in, hides itself away in the cellar, eats, goes out. In the summer comes in to eat and I barely see her. I wonder why I bother spending the money.

She's old now (10+) and once she's gone that's it for me and pets.

I can't think of many times I have felt sadder in my life if I'm honest. I have his name tag on my key ring so he is always near. Sad maybe, but he was the best pet I ever had. I do love animals and would have loved to work for the RSPCA but the money was never good enough to support me. I hate to ever see animals mis-treated.

I've always said the same but can you imagine working for the RSPCA turning up at some scumbags house that has been reported for mistreatment to animals, you go inside and see cats/dogs hanging on for dear life what do you do? Me I have no strength for that **** I would end up going to prison for what I would do to the owner and that's the exact reason why I could never (although I still want to) work for the RSPCA.

I'm very privileged as I work with animals and take a very hard approach to animal cruelty, if I see anyone ill treating our dogs I will not tolerate it. But luckily I haven't had any encounters as yet.

My current moggy doesn't want to know me since the day I brought my daughter home from the hospital. In the winter she comes in, hides itself away in the cellar, eats, goes out. In the summer comes in to eat and I barely see her. I wonder why I bother spending the money.

She's old now (10+) and once she's gone that's it for me and pets.

It won't be when you find that your daughter wants a moggy of her own.:winking:

DeNiro thought Meet the Fockers was a good idea, so his judgement clearly can't be trusted.

Jack: "Greg how come you don't like cats?" Greg: "I don't not like cats, I just prefer dogs, I mean, I'm just more of a dog, kind of, come home, wagging their little tails, happy to see you…" Jack: "Oh you need that assurance, do you. You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?" Greg: "I..." Jack: "You see, Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down, the dog is very easy to break. But cats make you work for their affection, they don't sell out the way that dogs do." Greg: "Huh."

[video=youtube_share;eYfTIrmp1yU]http://youtu.be/eYfTIrmp1yU[/video]

Back