• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
Was making love to my wife last night and just as we were reaching the best bit, she threw me out the bed and got
Daniel Bentley in. I was not happy to say the least. I walked straight out the room and didn't even high five Dan on my way out. I have now apologised for my petulant behaviour and we are all ok now.

Well put in a way... :smile:
Hope ya misses doesn't get on here and read this :blush:
IMO, if I was smith I would be a bit peed of as well. While i was stoked at how Bentley did, i don't think that means that Smith wouldn't have saved any or even more. Keepers love these situations, that's a big part of what they do, so to be subbed is a real slap in the face!
I suppose that Bentley showed himself in training to be better at penalties, or perhaps PS was banking on Bentley to be more motivated as his chances had been so limited and it appeased him somehow and that Bentley had done well in a penalty situation earlier in the season: idk. Either way it was PS who made the call. Even PS said that perhaps he should have warned the lad, which I think would have been the thing to do. I still think he had grounds to be annoyed, but his apologised and moved on.
IMO, it's a win/win for us, as we have real completion for the spot, and an established keeper vs's a genuine up and coming youngster. Bentley would be happy, PS was justified and Smith has the challenge to keep rising to the challenge of being number one. Great for us all in all!:thumbsup:

Was making love to my wife last night and just as we were reaching the best bit, she threw me out the bed and got
Daniel Bentley in. I was not happy to say the least. I walked straight out the room and didn't even high five Dan on my way out. I have now apologised for my petulant behaviour and we are all ok now.

Did Elliot Benyon arrive towards the end and finish things off?

That 's a cracker!

Was it not off putting to have a subs bench anyway? And being replaced by a keeper? She may have felt in safe hands but the guy was the least likely to score. As a matter of interest did anyone have trouble finding the spot?

Was Big Ben ready in case some urgent physio was needed, or a quick sponge and powerade for a droop in energy levels?

I heard there was unity between them and they all come together!

You had it easy. Poor old Smiffy had 365 souls cheering for his replacement.

Sorry to read that you were left high and dry Southchurch, but I hope you can console yourself in the knowledge that there were 365 of us that left happy and glad that we had come!

See, this is what you get with Sturrock. It might not always be pretty but it often ends with getting balls deep in the box and a happy ending.

Back