• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NOW Thats what i call music

I have at least one NOW CD in my collection..

• Total voters

Davros

The Whippet
another one of my theories i dream up in my head.

This one goes.... at least half the population must have at least one NOW cd in there CD collection... this thought obviously co-incided with the release of NOW 69 today..

I will leave it up to SZ to prove me right or wrong..

(i will accept vinyl/cassettes as a yes, incase you havent bought a NOW for a few years!)

Last edited:
another one of my theories i dream up in my head.

This one goes.... at least half the population must have at least one NOW cd in there CD collection... this thought obviously co-incided with the release of NOW 69 today..

I will leave it up to SZ to prove me right or wrong..

(i will accept cassettes as a yes, incase you havent bought a NOW for a few years!)

I just have them all Dave but was thinking of selling them awhile back..

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34561&highlight=now+cd's

I've got a couple of the early ones on vinyl including a Now 80s compilation - I'm assuming they count as well as CDs or cassettes?!

Although to be fair, my daughter also has about the last 10 or so on CD so I'd have been voting "yes" no matter what.

I've got a couple of the early ones on vinyl including a Now 80s compilation - I'm assuming they count as well as CDs or cassettes?!

Although to be fair, my daughter also has about the last 10 or so on CD so I'd have been voting "yes" no matter what.

yes vinyl would be included

used to have a few on cassette but dumped them. Lets face it unless you are Cricko :cricko: how often are you gonna play Fergal Sharkey or Rick Astley??

used to have a few on cassette but dumped them. Lets face it unless you are Cricko :cricko: how often are you gonna play Fergal Sharkey or Rick Astley??

I never play them Steve , just started a collection once and it went from there.....:'(

Got number 36 (I think). Highlights - and I use the word advisedly - included "Good Enough" by Dodgy "How Bizarre" by OMC and "The Day We Caught The Train" by Ocean Colour Scene.

Out of interest these are the tracks from NTWICM No1..

Phil Collins..You can't hurry love.
Duran Duran ...Is there something I should know.
UB40...Red Red Wine.
Limahl..Only for love.
Heaven Seventeen....Temptation.
KC @ the Sunshine Band...Give it up.
Malcolm Mclaren...Double Dutch.
Bonnie Tyler...Total eclispe of the Heart.
Culture Club...Karma Chameleon.
Men without Hats...The Safety dance.
Kajagoogoo..Too shy.
Mike Oldfield...Monnlight Shadow.
Men at Work...Down Under.
Rock Steady Crew...Hey you.
Rod Stewart...Baby Jane.
Paul Young..Wherever I lay my hat.
New Edition...Candy Girl.
Kajagoogoo..Big Apple.
Tina Turner...Let's stay together.
Human League...Fascination.
UB40...Please don't make me cry.
Peabo Bryson @ Roberta Flack...Tonight I celebrate my love.
Tracey Ullman...They Don't know.
Will Powers... Kissing with confidence.
Genesis...That's all.
The Cure...The Love Cats.
Simple Minds... Waterfront.
Madness...The Sun and the Rain.
Culture Club..Victims.

Some Classics on there....:stunned:

Barring the Limahl track and one of the kajagoogoo tracks, I know all of them. Not sure I could say the same about the latest Now album.

The only NOW I have is on double cassette given to me as a xmas present, I dont know which NOW it is but It's got Yazz - 'The Only way Is up' on it so it's fairly old but generally i wouldnt buy any of those mix up style cd's.

The only NOW I have is on double cassette given to me as a xmas present, I dont know which NOW it is but It's got Yazz - 'The Only way Is up' on it so it's fairly old but generally i wouldnt buy any of those mix up style cd's.

Now 15 and 16 on cassette somewhere. Americanos was a favourate of mine.

Ashamedly I also remember borrowing Now circa36 from the Library, so I could tape the tracks for homemade 'Britpop' compiliation tracks....what a cheap skate.

Had a few as a nipper - I remember Now 5....think it had my first exposure to Billy Bragg on there bizarrely!

Ashamedly I also remember borrowing Now circa36 from the Library, so I could tape the tracks for homemade 'Britpop' compiliation tracks....what a cheap skate.

Scrounger would be dead proud of you!

Never bought a NOW as I used to nick my sister's copy and tape it, those were the days of recording from vinyl. She used to buy both the HITS and NOW compilations.

Cricko seeing that play lists takes me back to my primary school days, i remember the 1st NOW having a Green cover, she brought it from the Golden Disc that used to be in the Victoria Circus in the same corner as the lifts and Bejams. I was always impressed the by picture discs and coloured vinyls they had up on display.

Back