• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Sorry Jack......

Ron Martin has got off lightly with all of us for the last couple of years.
We have not said much in the ground because of our relegations etc and the support to the team.

Everyone says we should support the team due to this reason or another well......

This one man has distroyed our club and with us not going up or down and our season over its now, time to show banners with martin out on and chant martin out during the games.

Martin out

( Can I say how good a job Mr. Sturrock has done for us and I thank you for keeping us in this league!!)

Sorry Jack......

We have not said much in the ground because of our relegations etc and the support to the team.

Everyone says we should support the team due to this reason or another well......

This one man has distroyed our club and with us not going up or down and our season over its now, time to show banners with martin out on and chant martin out during the games.

Martin out

( Can I say how good a job Mr. Sturrock has done for us and I thank you for keeping us in this league!!)

Think you might be on your own at Aldershot.

Of course we could get behind the exciting crop of youngsters we have and are our future. Just a thought.

Think you might be on your own at Aldershot.

Of course we could get behind the exciting crop of youngsters we have and are our future. Just a thought.

..wow, for one minute there thought you were the author of this thread, silly me, you popped up to protect the shambles that is SUFC, how do you stay so positive whilst being shafted?

..wow, for one minute there thought you were the author of this thread, silly me, you popped up to protect the shambles that is SUFC, how do you stay so positive whilst being shafted?

Nah, just like to support my team when they're playing - strange I know.

Sorry Jack......

Martin out

Agree with all of that.

Spot on Hawkwell, except it's not just the youngsters we want to encourage, it's the key players who have yet to commit for next season. If I have a contract up for renewal in the summer, a bunch of hostile fans expressing their understandable frustration at the Chairman is not the sort of atmosphere that would encourage me to stay.

Protest against Ron by all means, but not during games. Games are about football and the players on the pitch. Leave off the pitch stuff, well, off the pitch.

Nah, just like to support my team when they're playing - strange I know.

...as it happens it is quite strange to accept all that Ron Martin has done to this club and still not murmour a negative word. Would question if you are actually that bothered about the club bering in mind the evidence says that the Chairman is taking us down!

Spot on Hawkwell, except it's not just the youngsters we want to encourage, it's the key players who have yet to commit for next season. If I have a contract up for renewal in the summer, a bunch of hostile fans expressing their understandable frustration at the Chairman is not the sort of atmosphere that would encourage me to stay.

I'd be more inclined to believe it's the way they're treated by the club (i.e. being paid on time) which will convince them to commit.

Afterall, the likes of Barrett, Mildenhall, Francis, McCormack, Moussa had their chants/songs and were generally praised during their time with us, but that wasn't enough.

Martin has been let off easy IMO

Supporting the players over the past season and a half with no mumour of anger against RM during the games has really worked hasn't it.

When are you lot going to wake up and smell the coffee

Protest against Ron by all means, but not during games. Games are about football and the players on the pitch. Leave off the pitch stuff, well, off the pitch.

Considering the fact our new players have already found out what a **** the chairman is, dislike him and are fully sympathetic to what the fans and even last season's staff were put through by him, I don't think they would blame us.

I don't like Ron but if he left wouldn't we have to pay him rent for the ground? And unfortunately we aren't exactly an attractive prospect for buyers either, I'm afraid that we're going to be stuck with Ron, hopefully he will sort the finances out (not that I can see that happening)

grow up seriously and support the team

Nothing to do with supporting the Team but showing anger at RM - I will be at the AGM and show him my anger then as well - he has serioisly let down Sturrock this season by not supporting the need for loan reinforcemnts. I know the rest of the board are equally fed up by RM and being tarnished with the same bruch as RM.

The thread is about anger directed at RM - and RM only!!!!!!

Badger74 i would like to voice my anger at people like you who moan, rant etc etc fair play at the end of the season do what you gotta do but during the season you cuase more hassle for FANS like me, the players and young up and coming fans who in future will prob act the same as you now?

Every post seems to end up a Ron slatting post now im not a big ron fan but i am a business man and in some respect can see whats happening to us but during the season i give 100% support from the tea lady to the chairman END OF

It would appear that the only thing that will make Southend fans happy is to have a chairman/owner with endlessly deep pockets who is prepared to spend loads of his/her own money with no prospect of ever receiving a return.

He/she should then reduce admission prices, perhaps even lay on free away transport every so often as a show of gratitude for the loyal supporters, some of whom will spend every minute of every game berating and jeering some players because they don't work hard enough/aren't good enough/aren't called Darryl Flahavan.

And if he/she could also oversee the building of a new shiny 4 sided stadium and then allow us to play there rent free for ever or alternatively (and even better) donate the ground to the club so that we have a permanent home then that's the icing on the cake. Maybe also factor in say 50% of any income received from the surrounding business/retail/hotel development so that we have a non-football related income? If so, that would be the cherry on the top.

Now is that such a big ask? It would make the fans very happy.

Why do people think that Ron needs reminding of how much he is hated here ?????

Surely by supporting the team, he wont think to himself - "ah I am loved ......"

IF you want Martin out, buy him out .................. otherwise, for the 20000000th time - HE AINT GOING ANY WHERE !!!!

It would appear that the only thing that will make Southend fans happy is to have a chairman/owner with endlessly deep pockets who is prepared to spend loads of his/her own money with no prospect of ever receiving a return.

He/she should then reduce admission prices, perhaps even lay on free away transport every so often as a show of gratitude for the loyal supporters, some of whom will spend every minute of every game berating and jeering some players because they don't work hard enough/aren't good enough/aren't called Darryl Flahavan.

And if he/she could also oversee the building of a new shiny 4 sided stadium and then allow us to play there rent free for ever or alternatively (and even better) donate the ground to the club so that we have a permanent home then that's the icing on the cake. Maybe also factor in say 50% of any income received from the surrounding business/retail/hotel development so that we have a non-football related income? If so, that would be the cherry on the top.

Now is that such a big ask? It would make the fans very happy.

You'll no doubt remember that at one time the (then) Supporters Club did actually donate the ground to the club.That's the only reason the current Chairman/owner is interested in SUFC now.

Last edited:
Back