• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've just looked at the squad from the game against Crewe two years ago and it's amazing how much it has changed in such a short space of time:

Smith
Clohessy
Straker
Cresswell
Prosser
Barker
Mohsni
Mkandawire
Hurst
Assombalonga
Tomlin

Bentley
Phillips
Reeves
Eastwood
Corr

Only three of the starters are still with us, although they do not play regularly, and two of the subs.

I remember hearing that team line-up being announced at Wembley 2 years ago, after a fantastic session at the Green Man, and thinking that was the end of all the fun for the day. Big disappointment. Still can't believe they chose to play Bilel at CM alongside Mkandawire.

I remember hearing that team line-up being announced at Wembley 2 years ago, after a fantastic session at the Green Man, and thinking that was the end of all the fun for the day. Big disappointment. Still can't believe they chose to play Bilel at CM alongside Mkandawire.
In all honesty, I think I'd have played Bil as well if I'd been in Brown's position. It was certainly a gamble, and one I believed was going to pay off.

I think our current team whether 4-5-1, 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 would smash that team. Moshni was just a poor mans Deegan.

Only players I would get near that our current starting 11 from that 11 is Assombalonga or Cresswell (even though he wouldn't make the starting line-up in front of Magic AB or BBCB

In all honesty, I think I'd have played Bil as well if I'd been in Brown's position. It was certainly a gamble, and one I believed was going to pay off.

I'd rather play Bill (Bil) Oddie than that bloke in our team again........

This squad does seem much stronger......

Britt Assombalonga, Reeves, Cresswell and Clohessy are the only four that I would have back in the squad out of all of them (excluding the ones still in the squad)

I've just looked at the squad from the game against Crewe two years ago and it's amazing how much it has changed in such a short space of time:

Smith
Clohessy
Straker
Cresswell
Prosser
Barker
Mohsni
Mkandawire
Hurst
Assombalonga
Tomlin

Bentley
Phillips
Reeves
Eastwood
Corr

Only three of the starters are still with us, although they do not play regularly, and two of the subs.

Not as much amazement as I looked at it on the day! In fact even now I struggle to work out what formation that's supposed to be.

I also felt so sorry for players like Leonard and Corr, who both scored in the semi-finals, plus the likes of Timlin and Phillips who put their bodies on the lines and got injured in the semi-finals (at least Barker was back), only to miss out on the big day.

It's not so much playing Bilel as playing him in a position he'd never played before!

And God knows where the creativity was supposed to come from in central a midfield of Mkandawire and Mohsni. Hopefully Brown's learnt his lesson and we won't get Atkinson and Deegan in central midfield.

Back