• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NZ Tour 2019

I am not going to post anymore this morning, I thing I may have jinks it.

England now 114-2 Burns out for 52

Good day's work that on a slowish pitch.

Another 150 tomorrow and we'll be in a good position.

I agree Andy, old fashion cricket, hit bad ball, leave outside ones, and straight bat on good ones
Stokes has become the complete cricketer,learning sometimes you need to stay around the crease and its not all about Aussie 90's style attack,attack.attack ( Though was great to watch)

Be interesting how Archer gets on this wicket, compared to NZ bowlers

The pitch doesn't seem to have a lot of pace and doesn't sound like it will change much.

The most effective bowler today was De Grandhomme, taking pace off the ball.

Archer, Broad and Stokes like to hit the pitch a bit, so Curran could be the right guy for the conditions. Particularly if it clouds over and swings a bit.

Leach will have a lot of work to do, I think.

Agreed. Leach will be the stop gap and stem the run flow so the others can attack and take wickets.

For anyone interested, the India v Bangladesh day/night test is live on SKY 717.

Expect NZ to put us back in soon to give themselves a fighting chance of bowling us out. To be honest, they would deserve it. Another poor performance by Joe Roots England all be it after a promising couple of days.
Note to Root. When your main strike bowler has sent one of their batsman to bed dreading facing that said bowler due to shaking him up with a bit of chin music, try bowling that said bowler at the said batsman as soon as the umpire calls play. Giving him a nice bit of Curran and Broad, who frankly looks as stiff as a board, at a very pedestrian 75 - 79 mph for the first half hour enabling him to play himself back in wasn't the best of idea's mate.

Pitch is starting to break up.

The ball before Leach was out, bounced off a decent length and smacked him on the helmet - off of Santner!

Rory Burns played an injudicious shot, given the circumstances and time of his dismissal (3 overs before the close of play).

If there's no rain and it's another hot day, then Santner will finish the match off. Apparently he is the first NZ spinner to take a wicket in the last 7 home test matches.

There's a rumour* that two players have asked to return home.

*Entirely without fact or source, at present

Archer reporting a racial abuse incident from a crowd member.

Pitiful batting display, regardless.

I think NZ are an under rated team in all forms of the game
I suppose the Archer effect didn’t bother them, as seemed comfortable and will be a great test of his character how he comes back next test, especially with the racial comment
Is Root a test captain , I think yes but the No2 choice I’m not so sure, would prefer an older head to advise, just my thoughts and not a go at the player
Also it seemed we have the Southend pre Sol fitness we looked tired and jaded whereas NZ were fast hungry, perhaps one tour too many for some of the players
We lost we move on, positive though we have found a decent opener in Burns, just needs to convert the 50s into bigger scores, but that will come, those of us remember Gooch and his start to test cricket, didn’t work too bad in the end
Hate losing to any team, but the aim is two years re Ashes and build a team that knows how to win but also the bitter taste of defeat and how to be stronger/ learn from it

Just watched the Day 4 highlights.

Didn't realise that the NZ authorities let everyone in for free on the last day.

They really have test cricket off to a tee, there. Lovely grounds that work for the crowds and a team to be proud of.

Kane Williamson must be the most decent, generous, nicest cricketer ever to captain his country.

There's nothing to dislike about him and his team.

Back