• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NZ Tour 2019

Missed seeing us bat, far too early but watched us bowl before going to work. To be fair we set such a high target that NZ had to swing at everything which meant our bowlers were always going to get wickets. Parkinson looked very good though, and should have had more wickets a drop and an LBW not reviewed meant he could have had a 6fer but a 4fer is still a decent return from 4 overs. Jordan is a class act IMO has to be in the world cup squad

Be interesting to see who takes No 3 slot in the Test tonight ?

Will Zak Crawley get a chance to shine at No 3, Root at 4

It'll be Denly won't it?

Doubt we'll see Crawley and doubt England give it much thought, despite what we may think.

I'd like Zak to get a chance. The whole point of leaving Bairstow out initially was to try a few permutations.

By the way, the match doesn't start until tomorrow night. Not sure if you knew.

Chris Silverwood likes to see youngsters play, so maybe a surprise or two

Though as you correctly post YB, we see a different team to selectors

I'd like Zak to get a chance. The whole point of leaving Bairstow out initially was to try a few permutations.

By the way, the match doesn't start until tomorrow night. Not sure if you knew.

Yep got my days mixed up, been a few long nights so my days all askew :Thumbs up:

Me too @Blueronron . SKY advertised it as starting 20th November, so I assumed it meant the start time in NZ, but it obviously means the time over here.

England team for first Test v New Zealand:
Rory Burns
Dom Sibley
Joe Denly
Joe Root (c)
Ben Stokes
Ollie Pope
Jos Buttler (wk)
Sam Curran
Jofra Archer
Jack Leach
Stuart Broad

The whole line up looks a better fit with Root at 4, Stokes lower down as he'll obviously bowl and Pope in his natural position.

I still would have liked to have seen Crawley, but Denly's last outing he scored 94 so it would be harsh to drop him.

Full strength NZ side :-

1 Tom Latham
2 Jeet Raval
3 Kane Williamson (capt)
4 Ross Taylor
5 Henry Nicholls
6 Colin de Grandhomme
7 BJ Watling (wk)
8 Mitchell Santner
9 Tim Southee
10 Neil Wagner
11 Trent Boult

Two opening batsmen prepared to play straight and leave the ball.

What sort of stupidity is this!

Back