• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Obvious

Good, She's a disgrace! I love the term "unwittingly misled".
Is that a euphemism for lied!
This has to be the most dishonourable, decietful, duplicitious Govt. we've ever had. I just hope they get what they deserve at the next election. (A collective p45)
C U N T S (excuse my French)
wink.gif

They won't though because, the same will happen when they first got in power. Everyone was warned what it would be like and to the most it has been. But people are fickle, memories are short and T. Blair knows that come May next year people will have forgotten.

Why do you think he's not called the General Election early?

And whats the alternative? The Conservatives are just as bigger joke and IMHO the Lib Dems are probably one of the three major parties worth voting for.

Although I'll have to see what other parties are standing come May I don't think there's much call for the BNP or such like alternative parties in Castle Point!

I think it'll be much closer than last time. Remember as well that Govts tend to lose elections rather than the opposition winning them.
Personally I think people are tiring of the spin and counter spin culture employed by this cynical Govt. (No washing machine jokes)
Anyone who can smear terminally sick 95 year old ladies as racist,
defy public decency and refuse to resign (Byers),
fiddle immigration statistics,
support an unjust war to secure US hegemony of Middle Eastern oil,
mislead the public about the EU's transformation into state and deny them a vote on it's constitution,

does not deserve any support at the ballot box.

Trust me I'm Tony Blair! (Quite frankly I'd be more likely to trust Peter Sutcliffe as an odd-job man at a finishing college for young ladies.
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 01 2004,13:56)]I've heard there will be a gen election this year. You heard it here first.
Quite possibly... it's because they're all chickens, and because they fear that if they leave it any longer, Howard might actually get his Way with the Tories.

tounge.gif

(Apologies for the bad pun)

It may also be in Tony's mind, given the fact that our economy does seem to be in a calm at the moment (before a storm), that he wins another election this time, thereby equalling Thatcher's three... and then hands over to Gordy in a year or so's time - so that he can stand and watch from the sidelines as the economy goes down the plughole...

rock.gif
ghostface.gif

Matt

This time next year I doubt either Bush or Blair will be in power. Unfortunately I believe their legacy will be a more dangerous world than before they came into office.

Since i can remember i have been a Lib Dem,

I dont really believe in politics as it is far to corrupt. But i cant stand the government we got at the moment.

Prescott is a useless ******* who since he has been in power this country has had major housing crisises and he has done sweet fa about it.

Blunkett has made so many mistakes esp with Asylum and is a bit too extreme for my liking.

I was a big Paddy Ashdown fan but Kennedy isn't the strongest leader in the world but his policys are very very good. And i think his Deputy Campbell will take over soon and his my fav politician atm. Experenced and generally very for the people. I like the health and euro policys as well.

If the Torys or worse labour in power next year ill certainly be very worried.

sad.gif

Just look at the way Labour have failed in schooling. What better example than FM!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 01 2004,20:59)]Since i can remember i have been a Lib Dem,

I dont really believe in politics .......
Impressive.

You have managed to contradict yourself in 16 words.

Fool.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 02 2004,07:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 01 2004,20:59)]Since i can remember i have been a Lib Dem,

I dont really believe in politics .......
Impressive.

You have managed to contradict yourself in 16 words.

Fool.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Hahaha.

[b said:

I dont really believe in politics as it is far to corrupt. But i cant stand the government we got at the moment.

Prescott is a useless ******* who since he has been in power this country has had major housing crisises and he has done sweet fa about it.

Blunkett has made so many mistakes esp with Asylum and is a bit too extreme for my liking.

I was a big Paddy Ashdown fan but Kennedy isn't the strongest leader in the world but his policys are very very good. And i think his Deputy Campbell will take over soon and his my fav politician atm. Experenced and generally very for the people. I like the health and euro policys as well.

If the Torys or worse labour in power next year ill certainly be very worried.

sad.gif
w***er !

The influx of east europeans is a strange one. Not so long ago our leaders were jeering at the berlin wall, and telling the world how they-the commies- should join us in our free democracies. That happened, the Berlin wall came down and suddenly the same politicians are saying,...ermmm sorry can you bugger off back where you came from.
It's an emotive issue that will determine the next election just as Thatcher won 79 with her race policies, that she withdrew.
If I were Polish with no money to feed the kids i'd be on the caravan heading this way.
The Battle of Britain? the poles were there, not too sure about the bangladeshis....
People say we can't afford the influx, we'll be swamped and the welfare state will crumble. Problem is we can afford it, but the money/profit is not distributed, and as communism didn't work we're all in a vicious circle that will cause a lot of anger and hate.
My solution?......
A few bottles of Merrydown and the problems dissapear.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 02 2004,09:58)]People say we can't afford the influx, we'll be swamped and the welfare state will crumble. Problem is we can afford it, but the money/profit is not distributed, and as communism didn't work we're all in a vicious circle that will cause a lot of anger and hate.
My solution?......
A few bottles of Merrydown and the problems dissapear.
The problem really is that we are a small country with a limited infrastructure. 60m people in a country our size doesn't work. Whether we can afford it or not we are still restrained geographically.

Here in Hong Kong, an area of approx 1000 sq km, 80% of which is rural or national park, the population is 7 million.
Many of those 7 million are immigrants. Taxes are also lower, public transport is clean and efficient.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Blue @ April 02 2004,11:18)]Here in Hong Kong, an area of approx 1000 sq km, 80% of which is rural or national park, the population is 7 million.
Many of those 7 million are immigrants. Taxes are also lower, public transport is clean and efficient.....
Hmmm. Good point.

Can't we let in some hard working "poles" (and they do work as the building sites at canary Wharf will testify) and send layabout spongers like the Rochdale Bardsleys or the shellsuited Scousers reciprocally to Poland...or Siberia

Back