• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News OCTOBER SUPPORTERS MEETING

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Our next meeting with SUFC and other supporters groups is Monday 8th October.

I assume there may be a plethora of posters seeking updates on managers, injuries and onions - those aside, is there anything you would like us to raise on your behalf.

I assume there may be a plethora of posters seeking updates on managers, injuries and onions - those aside, is there anything you would like us to raise on your behalf.
Yep, West Stand bogs. Still no hot water(ever), mostly no hand cleaning lotion, sometimes the ability to dry your hands without using the back of the shirt of the bloke in front of you. Haven't had rain at a game yet this season so not sure about the West Stand entrance and it's leakability when it rains and the lights are on. It would be nice if it were leak proof before the monsoon season.:Smile2:

"...sometimes the ability to dry your hands without using the back of the shirt of the bloke in front of you."

That's grim. Funny, but grim!

Several points I raised last time haven't been answered

1. How about including live u23/academy matches (which are already filmed) on iFollow to encourage fans to purchase it and to create a greater connection with the academy?
2. How about updating the u23 profiles to remove players who have left 4 months ago. Is Miles Mitchell-Nelson really hoping to force his way into Chris Powell's plans? Have we really nothing to say about Lewis Gard or Emile Acquah when they've played for the first team?
3. What is the club doing about reducing single use plastic in Roots Hall?

Apologies, but I have no idea how to post without replying to someone.

Serious question. I went into the club shop before Saturday's game in the hope of purchasing one of the SUFC Mind badges. Lady said I was about the 4th person to ask you can only get them online. Not their fault and very apologetic.

Can the club not stock these for a extremely good cause? They had a box for the prostate badge.

Apologies, but I have no idea how to post without replying to someone.

Serious question. I went into the club shop before Saturday's game in the hope of purchasing one of the SUFC Mind badges. Lady said I was about the 4th person to ask you can only get them online. Not their fault and very apologetic.

Can the club not stock these for a extremely good cause? They had a box for the prostate badge.

Ditto above comment with the SUFC Poppy badges from last season, which again were only available online.

As per last meeting with no response, what happened to the promised weekly blues bulletins and the stadium update that was promised months ago?
If possible can you please press on any news regarding stadium etc

Erm, 8th October is next Tuesday....

Yep, West Stand bogs. Still no hot water(ever), mostly no hand cleaning lotion, sometimes the ability to dry your hands without using the back of the shirt of the bloke in front of you. Haven't had rain at a game yet this season so not sure about the West Stand entrance and it's leakability when it rains and the lights are on. It would be nice if it were leak proof before the monsoon season.:Smile2:

Following up on RHB's point...I am a STH in West, Block U, Row L near one of the downpipes....when it rains, these always overflow soaking the seats around...could this be addressed please..

Are the Dutch coming ? If so is it because they've heard there's lot's of weed in Sarfend ? Do they realise it's sea weed ?

What’s the update then....

Not bad considering they needed, writing clearing by SUFC and I've been at work all day....

A brief meeting as a couple of the reps were unavailable. Notes are as follows:-

Police –
nothing much to report. All games have gone off peacefully, especially Lincoln where there were concerns raised before hand.

Club –
West Stand toilets and leaky roofs have been reported to the Maintenance Team

Not possible to “live” U23s on ifollow as the infrastructure doesn’t allow it.

The pen pictures of U23s are bot created and taken from the latest news story on that particular player. There are no “head shots” as the club photo has yet to be taken yet (due to the manager leaving), the team photo will take place when a new manager is confirmed.

Tom Hopper is playing in an under 23’s fixture and we hope he will be back fully fit in the coming weeks and in contention for the first team.

There is no news on the manager, although an announcement is expected imminently.

The Council are considering the planning application for the Roots Hall site which is innovative as it returns housing back the Council after 25 years. The mood remains positive.

There are issues around stock in the club shop, although it is hoped Mind Band (and poppies) will be in stock.

ShrimpersTrust -

Walk was completed, the final amount donated is not yet confirmed.

AaS –

Need some assistance in selling on the match days. If you can help, please contact them directly

Police –
nothing much to report. All games have gone off peacefully, especially Lincoln where there were concerns raised before hand.

Surprised by that, our main 'rivalry' with Lincoln was late 60's & 70's.
Any Police plans for when over 2,000 Ipswich venture into town in 2 1/2 weeks time, designated pubs etc?.

Surprised by that, our main 'rivalry' with Lincoln was late 60's & 70's.
Any Police plans for when over 2,000 Ipswich venture into town in 2 1/2 weeks time, designated pubs etc?.

We had noted that there has been a bit of bite over the years with Lincoln, and there some stories coming out of The Shire that their boys were looking forward to our visit.

The police have Ipswich as a Cat A game, and will have the appropriate tactics in place.

Back