• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

October's Fixtures

These are the October league fixtures:-

v Yeovil (H) 1st
v Woking (H) 4th
v Dagenham (A) 8th
--- F.A. Cup 15th ---
v Scunthorpe (H) 22nd
v Maidstone (A) 25th
v York (A) 29th

That is 3 home & 3 away games - quite a busy month.

Still quite early but I can't help thinking that the next 2 home games could be an important indicator of where we might be by the end of the calendar year.

I would be happy with 12 points from those games.

A quarter of the season good, KM and co have now got a settled line up and formation, style of play so it really is a test period for how realistic our aspirations are.
If we want to be challenging then 12 points is a minimum.

12 minimum.

That would mean 24 from 16.

Chesterfield are on 24 now….

Woking are on 16 now and in the last play off place.

I reckon 24 would place us at around 10th (or above) ish

Put that in perspective - win 3 home games, take a point from all 3 away….. = 12

We don't score enough. But we don't concede and the general performance level is good.

I see us getting 11 points

15 points York away the hardest, just hope we can give it to Daggers.

I’m the enjoying the ride, what’ll be will be. Yes Yeovil and Woking look winnable and if we do win both, that could propel us onto a long unbeaten run like last season. Most likely we’ll get beat 2-0 and draw 1-1 and the Zone will go into meltdown.

My prediction is 9 points. 2 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat. That’s being optimistic.

The problem is trying to turn draws into wins. We will stay in most games because we are defensively sound. It's then building on that solid foundation and getting the goals required to win games.

I'm not overly confident of us fighting back with a couple of goals if we go one nil down. We will go a goal down against one of those sides.

You can just imagine the Torquay game all over again. Throwing the kitchen sink at a team but someone forget to turn the taps on.

Of course, a few goals on Saturday might turn the tide and confidence in both the fans and the players.

UTB!

As I think someone else has mentioned - Yeovil is a much tougher game than their league position suggests. They have 6 draws from their 10 games. Looks like they are similar to us in that they seem defensively ok, but scoring goals is difficult. They've scored 10 conceded 12 versus our 9 goals scored and conceded. Got 0-0 written all over it.

As I think someone else has mentioned - Yeovil is a much tougher game than their league position suggests. They have 6 draws from their 10 games. Looks like they are similar to us in that they seem defensively ok, but scoring goals is difficult. They've scored 10 conceded 12 versus our 9 goals scored and conceded. Got 0-0 written all over it.
Or 3-3

11 points for me.

Win 2 home games & 1 drawn (Yeovil)
Win (Maidstone), Draw (York) & Loss (D&R) away

Yeovil are resilient and we are not great breaking teams down.
D&R have the hoodoo over us at the moment unfortunately.

Back