• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Octopus FM

I have somehow landed the job of presenting the Four hour Saturday Sportsdesk show on the Costa Del Sol´s Radio Station Octopus fm.

The Octopus fm Sportsdesk show starts Tomorrow October 23rd at 15.00 hts CET and is broadcast on 98.3, 95.5 and 92.0 Fm on the Spanish Costa del Sol. The show can be picked up via the web-site Octopusfm.com.

Any requests, any stories, any news about the beloved Shripmpers please email Steve at Sportsdesk@octopusfm.com or text +34 66 66 33 290 or phone +34 952 66 78 96.

The Mighty Shrimpers have arrived on the Costa del Sol.

Steve Deltasix Connolly

What about a mention for the five Spanish Shrimpers living in Jávea?!

WS

tounge.gif

You'll have to make sure you do a Jeff Stelling and make sure you mention the Shrimpers as often as possible and at any opportunity
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 22 2004,11:01)]or have a live link up with someone at each game?
Steve,

You could always phone one of the many (I'm sure) volunteers on Shrimperzone for a half time and full time update at SUFC matches.....

I bagsy first goes though....

Simon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 22 2004,10:49)]That is actually illegal buy the way guys!
Unless SUFC were to provide Steve and the person to whom the link was made permission to give information on 1, 25, 45, 75, 90, (105) and (120) minutes, that is...

They'd have to get a license from the Football League and also pay a fee to both the home and away clubs I believe also.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 22 2004,12:19)]They'd have to get a license from the Football League and also pay a fee to both the home and away clubs I believe also.
Wouldn't it be beneficial for the Football League and the clubs involved to have news of League Two football broadcast in Spain? All these pathetic bans on broafcasting information just make the FL, and individual clubs, look stupid.

(P.S. It's not a knock, Dave, just a critiscism of the system)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 22 2004,11:49)]That is actually illegal buy the way guys!
i cant see it being illegal to phone a spanish Radio station and happen to mention that you are at Roots Hall and the score is 2 - 0 to the Shrimpers
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 22 2004,15:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 22 2004,11:49)]That is actually illegal buy the way guys!
i cant see it being illegal to phone a spanish Radio station and happen to mention that you are at Roots Hall and the score is 2 - 0 to the Shrimpers  
rock.gif
It is believe it or not. Did you know you're not even allowed to text your friend the score as this is seen as a breach.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 22 2004,15:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
It is believe it or not. Did you know you're not even allowed to text your friend the score as this is seen as a breach.
Well I'd be surprised if not every single person on here has not commited a criminal act then!

This could well be UK Law, but may not relate to International Law anyway
rock.gif

Maybe our Resident Lawyer can clear things up...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 22 2004,14:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
oops why did I text you at Darlo!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 22 2004,15:34)]This could well be UK Law, but may not relate to International Law anyway
rock.gif

Maybe our Resident Lawyer can clear things up...
You missed a bit between UK and International: European law. This could be covered by EU broadcasting regulations as well as licensing laws.

Maybe.

rock.gif

I can understand that it's in place so that they can regulate how many reports come out of a ground. I'm surprised about the text message thing. I would have thought that if this was law, they would have had signs up saying that any kind of telecommunications device is not permitted.

For instance, what do I do if someone rings me and asks how I am? If we're getting tonked, I'll be down but if we're winning I'll be pretty cheerful.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 22 2004,15:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
why doesnt that suprise me
wow.gif

Utter crazyness

Back