• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD Promotions and Relegations

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
A thread up in England and he seems to be confident on his results (based on accuracy of play-offs). If so I'm in IV.50 have one bot and the teams finishing 5th and 6th don't look up to much, though I guess they could lose their play-offs. I'm stronger than all four of them. The other team that autopromoted is about my standard. The team relegating from Toddys III (Sloten Colonels) is also a bot.

If accurate I could well finish 3rd or 4th. Happy days, woo indeedy hoo !

Last edited:
The team who came bottom last time around have been promoted back into my OD league! But he will be in Level VI for FC so his fitness should be good each week. We also have TopHeavy ... not a bad side and will be in Level VII for their FC season so his fitness should be fine most weeks too! Side coming down dont have any standout stars but look to have a strong XI!

The team who came bottom last time around have been promoted back into my OD league! But he will be in Level VI for FC so his fitness should be good each week. We also have TopHeavy ... not a bad side and will be in Level VII for their FC season so his fitness should be fine most weeks too! Side coming down dont have any standout stars but look to have a strong XI!

top heavy were in my division - theyre very good.

It turns out the 2 teams i listed are the one's playing the play-off games. Queens Park CC (who look bloody good) and Dick's Poo (who look remotely average and will be favourites to go back down!)

Kev

Kev asked the question, I got the answer. That's all that matters.

Mrs BB is in a play-off today. She's got a very tough game, as her oppo has 5 internationals, and another guy earning 184k a week. His total wage bill is somewhere in the region of 2.4m a week :stunned:

Anyway, I hope she beats him, because him and his cronies on his OD sledging board, have really been giving it the big 'un about how wonderful their division is, and how Mrs BB promoted from a rubbish III the season before.

I'm having a shot of being in the top flight for both main forms of the game today, against a side I finished above in FC and beat the other week. However, I'm a bowler light so don't expect to win here, and it would probably be for the best that I don't.

I'm having a shot of being in the top flight for both main forms of the game today, against a side I finished above in FC and beat the other week. However, I'm a bowler light so don't expect to win here, and it would probably be for the best that I don't.

:clap:

That's a really impressive achievement.

It's really difficult to battle on two fronts and although it's been slightly easier since 20:20 it still drains the fitness.

Will be interesting to see how I fare in my play-off game today. Have I a decent side that's just tired from fc exertions, or are my one-day tactics just gash.

Cheers YB, think it'd kill my team to be in both top divisions though next year, but will give it a go if the win can be secured today.

It's closely poised on a bowler-friendly day:

End of Over 39: 146-5, runrate=3.74
Gamaarachchi 8-1-40-0
Raven* 20 (34 balls)
Haines 24 (31 balls)
Last Wicket: Dunn c. Last b. Blaney 38 (FOW: 103/5)

Cheers YB, think it'd kill my team to be in both top divisions though next year, but will give it a go if the win can be secured today.

It's closely poised on a bowler-friendly day:

End of Over 39: 146-5, runrate=3.74
Gamaarachchi 8-1-40-0
Raven* 20 (34 balls)
Haines 24 (31 balls)
Last Wicket: Dunn c. Last b. Blaney 38 (FOW: 103/5)

One-day isn't so bad, it's the County Championship that is the killer. It drains your fitness and the defeats affect morale, although I think they've tinkered with morale since I was last up there.

However with 3 of us up there next year at least one of us is guaranteed to survive!

We were cruising but 2 wickets in 6 balls means the game has shifted in their favour.

End of Over 21: 101-3, runrate=4.81, reqrunrate=3.97 (215-10)
Tudor 1-0-1-1
Raisani* 35 (42 balls)
Rennie 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Davenport c. Alves b. Tudor 0 (FOW: 101/3)

End of Over 35: 105-6, runrate=3.00, reqrunrate=1.87 (132-10)
Aldous 6-1-18-0
Bowditch* 2 (6 balls)
Shashidhar 24 (51 balls)
Last Wicket: Williams c. Kennedy b. Thorp 28 (FOW: 91/6)

In to the bowlers, can we pike 28 runs here? Doubtful. Their bowling attack just too good for me

And that's the end of the match. Southchurch Village CC won by 4 wickets.
Mighty Mashervania 132-10
Southchurch Village CC 133-6

End of Over 42: 133-6, runrate=3.17
Aldous 8-1-35-0
Shashidhar* 45 (73 balls)
Bowditch 5 (25 balls)

Get in! Not often my bowlers make a fist of it but Shash (strong/resp) and Bowditch (abys/feeble) hold out where my batsmen couldn't with a partnership of 42.

First time in level IV

Last edited:
Back