• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Season 24

New record team and individual scores!

End of Over 50: 445-0, runrate=8.90
Gallen 10-0-96-0
Ahsamuddin* 204 (143 balls)
Gilligan 237 (159 balls)

Won by 7 runs, 2 from 2 in OD!

Got my best ever ratings aswell -

Duckers XI Deep Backward Square Leg
Top Order: exceptional wonderful
Middle Order: strong quality
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: quality exceptional
Spin Bowling: quality quality
Fielding: respectable competent
MOTM: Livermore

Easy win yesterday and possible GFI waste though Blinkhorn rested. That puts me top in OD where I intend to stay though crucial game next week against my biggest rival and second in FC (will slip down rankings slightly).

Massive decision to make for Sunday's cup game. PaN or TiE and who do I rest ? PFL is an issue but BT20 next week and then FC for each of the 2 weeks after is bot bashing. I don't need the finances but I'd like to progress further. Head says double promotion is the season target but I can't make up my mind yet on exactly what to do.

Don't see why you wouldn't go for the cup game with those games on the horizon! Plenty of time to rest, unless your stamina is generally crap.

Don't see why you wouldn't go for the cup game with those games on the horizon! Plenty of time to rest, unless your stamina is generally crap.

Ha Ha - I forgot - I budgeted to get an experienced bowler in - that may well be the answer - I'll get a mid 30s bowler at a discount - got plenty of room on wages having expanded ground - looking forward to record gate receipts next Friday

Won with one ball left

Stumped Of Glos Napster's XI
Top Order: elite masterful
Middle Order: remarkable remarkable
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: elite miraculous
Spin Bowling: useless masterful
Fielding: respectable feeble

They got 263-1, a decent score. But Jefferson got a useful 116 off 137 balls not out.

My OD league is looking to be as difficult as first feared. Destroyed in the first match, and then beat a bot in the second - it is most certainly going to be a relegation fight.

Didn't set orders so it's not my strongest line up and we have no WK or captain playing and wer're playing on normal. But we won the toss. No idea what will happen.

End of Over 32: 144-2, runrate=4.50
Bacon 6-0-36-1
Brandt* 72 (92 balls)
Nosworth 12 (14 balls)

Last Wicket: Lunt st. Ahsamuddin b. Graham 25 (FOW: 124/2)

Pretty happy with my score, considering we were 89/3 at one point. Something satisfying about your middle order steering the team away from collapse and putting on a big partnership!

End of Over 50: 284-4, runrate=5.68
Barmby10-0-56-2
Livingstone*97 (87 balls)
Berty29 (26 balls)
Last Wicket: Watkiss Run Out 76 (FOW: 220/4)

No GFI means we're too slow and I think our last ten chase will be too much.

End of Over 35: 145-3, runrate=4.14, reqrunrate=6.33 (239-2)
Degazon 8-2-26-2
Guneratne* 59 (87 balls)
Sinethemba 20 (18 balls)

Last Wicket: Wanless lbw b. Degazon 0 (FOW: 115/3)

3 out of 3 for me but annoyingly I've had a busy week at work and forgot to change orders bringing in a new bowler. Cup game on Sunday may well depend on my ability to bring in another exc+ med bowler on TM

Chased a tougher target than I would have liked in the conditions. Still got 2 danger teams to overcome in the first half of the season and one of those is bottom. We can't work out what he is doing wrong. Lets hope it stays that way !

Grrr, needed 16 off the last 3 overs on a Hard & Fast with wickets in hand and didn't make it. This is going to massively hurt gate receipts for cup and FC next week. It would probably have been better for me to go out of the cup last week! Mulling over bringing in a one game mercenary for tomorrow, not many on the list though.

End of Over 11: 69-0, runrate=6.27
Packer 6-0-50-0
Mahoney* 41 (41 balls)
Mccormick 28 (25 balls)

Going reasonably good guns at the minute against a very good side which I'm expected to lose against. Still - I tinkered with the line-up and orders and have GFI as I have a bot FC game next week which I should be able to rest a lot of my players in.

He has two "monster" bowlers, but I've survived 5 from one thus far.....15 to to go!

Dusty pitch in the sun so three spinners playing and hoping to keep them under 250. Only batting to 7 today but shouldn't be an issue.

End of Over 26: 115-1, runrate=4.42
Graham 3-1-10-0
Abraham* 51 (78 balls)
Saville 57 (70 balls)

Last Wicket: Felice c. Ahsamuddin b. Gulzar 2 (FOW: 14/1)

End of Over 50: 297-2, runrate=5.94
Packer 10-0-84-0
Fitzhenry* 65 (47 balls)
Livingstone 38 (41 balls)
Last Wicket: Mccormick c. Hibbert b. Neil 99 (FOW: 200/2)

Impressive innings. Be a tough run chase for him and one I expect he'll be capable of....But you never know!

Only batting to 7 today but shouldn't be an issue.
:unsure:

End of Over 46: 223-5, runrate=4.85, reqrunrate=5.50 (244-3)
Chadwick 8-1-30-1
Wanless* 71 (91 balls)
Udayakumar 2 (7 balls)

Last Wicket: Graham c. Felice b. Stoner 28 (FOW: 217/5)

4 out of 4 for me. Looking good for promotion judging by opps squads

Resting a couple for Sunday and then a bot in FC followed by a OD next week where I should be able to rotate again. Still tempted to buy one more bowler. Cup draw will influence that decision. Off to Tokyo tomorrow afternoon until Wed night so relying on WiFi for a few days.

Back