• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Season 24

Hmmmm. Next opps have just bought a monster and their squad now could cause a lot of damage apart from fact they have PFL issues. They've already lost 3 this season but I was hoping to go unbeaten for the season. Toughie beckons

With a cup run to nurse I gambled on a PAN today, dusty and PCH so disappointed that none of my 3 spinners have managed a wicket, especially as it's a very short batting line up. At least Raz is dragging the RR down.

End of Over 28: 116-2, runrate=4.14
Raziuddin 4-0-8-0
Babb* 28 (47 balls)
Harun 47 (64 balls)

Last Wicket: Foy c. Guneratne b. Pouwels 21 (FOW: 40/2)

PAN gamble seems to have worked which means we'll now be fully fit for future battles. 4-40 for our NT on debut.

End of Over 33: 139-2, runrate=4.21, reqrunrate=2.94 (188-8)
Hinds 8-2-27-0
Guneratne* 42 (54 balls)
Bacon 16 (37 balls)

Last Wicket: Ahsamuddin lbw b. Anuiyelewa 53 (FOW: 83/2)

Lots of consideration today with the PFL bug meaning I'm not fully sublime like I expected and a big cup game on Sunday. Cup oppo have suggested a mutual TIE after the PFLs were hit, wouldn't normally agree as we have the flexibility to rest bowlers however I might as well do it as if we get through it will benefit us for next week as our FC oppo are already out of the cup. Dutch NT manager knows I'll be on GFI with Pouwels playing (as he can't play in the cup game) and he's happy with that so it means I can rest Digana and leave Bacon and Graham to batting only.

Home in FC and OD next week so if we can win today and Sunday we should get a gate receipt bonanza next week, would hope to top £2m.

Batsmen set to VA and GFI mentality.....2.5 RR in first 7 overs against a side I should be beating even playing as normal.....

This game sucks sometimes!

Didn't bowl them out despite exposing a lengthy tail pretty early but we're ticking along ok in reply. Should be part one completed then onto Sunday which is massive. Difference between a win and a defeat is probably about £700k in gate receipts across the two home games plus the following weeks cup game.

End of Over 18: 64-0, runrate=3.56, reqrunrate=3.34 (170-8)
Harris 4-1-11-0
Sinethemba* 30 (53 balls)
Ahsamuddin 34 (55 balls)

On the way to a routine win, will be 6 out of 6 but the next 2 games are against the strongest team on paper in the division so that will define where I finish.

A very comfy chase in the end and pleasing ratings considering that we rested three bowlers.

The Dog and Duck ShrimperZone CC
Top Order: elite elite
Middle Order: phenomenal elite
Lower Order: woeful mediocre
Seam Bowling: elite elite
Spin Bowling: miraculous elite
Fielding: respectable strong

First game without the sold up trio, our batting is shockng with three exquisites and not too much else. Fortunately it's sunny and so we're able to get a score, our bowling is still strong and we have three spinners on a dusty so fingers crossed we'll be able to defend if we can get to 270+.

End of Over 31: 154-2, runrate=4.97
Sainsbury 5-0-32-1
Bacon* 22 (44 balls)
Graham 11 (17 balls)

Last Wicket: Sinethemba c. Govender b. Bhanage 72 (FOW: 133/2)

Ooooooh epic win in sight, playing a team ranked 350 places above me away from home and they are currently 2nd in the table IF I win i'll be 7 from 7!

End of Over 38: 173-2, runrate=4.55, reqrunrate=9.25 (283-2)
Gedye 9-3-22-1
Doig* 74 (92 balls)
Mpilo 46 (95 balls)
Last Wicket: Ingram c. Livermore b. Gedye 2 (FOW: 62/2)

Stumped Deep Backward Square Leg
Top Order: sensational exceptional
Middle Order: wonderful quality
Lower Order: woeful woeful
Seam Bowling: respectable masterful
Spin Bowling: quality superb
Fielding: respectable mediocre

Masterful seam bowling on a dusty pitch! :smile::smile::smile:

Straightforward TIE defeat for me, want Akichita to promote as high up as possible so will gift them some NRR.

GFI today, 8 from 8 if I win and if the game between the 2 teams below me goes the right way that would give me a great chance of promotion.

Am I right in thinking Batty will go bot this weekend?

Back