• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Season 25

Chance to extend my lead at the top and maintain my 100% record.

We can tell you that Deep Backward Square Leg won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 44: 230-1, runrate=5.23
Tripathi 7-0-27-0
Mehar* 90 (118 balls)
Liddell 107 (121 balls)
Last Wicket: Knights b. Devaney 31 (FOW: 41/1)

Bashed another BOT to make it 9 out of 9.

The other managed team has been raiding some OAP homes, and now has a much stronger side than me, so assuming I lose that game, it's going to come down to how much he beats me by, and how much of a hammering we give to the BOT's between now and the end of the season.

Bashed another BOT to make it 9 out of 9.

The other managed team has been raiding some OAP homes, and now has a much stronger side than me, so assuming I lose that game, it's going to come down to how much he beats me by, and how much of a hammering we give to the BOT's between now and the end of the season.
Probably better to stay down anyway!

Talking of which, we won by 10 wickets as my oppo 'forgot to set orders' as per his message to me. Now then, the orders were far removed from any lineup he's ever had so that suggests he threw the game but doesn't want to admit it. Now to decide whether I actually want to go up or not as I can take automatic promotion if I want but being in II is much more financially healthy!

first team heading for a loss.

End of Over 44: 208-3, runrate=4.73, reqrunrate=1.33 (215-5)
van Niekerk 8-0-52-0
Tuduwewatta* 21 (25 balls)
Xavier 84 (130 balls)
Last Wicket: van Niekerk b. Ohalloran 51 (FOW: 168/3)

second team chugging along

End of Over 16: 73-2, runrate=4.56
Purcell 3-1-15-0
Stienstra* 6 (14 balls)
Kerkhofs 14 (22 balls)
Last Wicket: Wolleaston Run Out 25 (FOW: 52/2)

first team lost. franchise won thanks to some great bowling

franchise second on NRR but due to play top team last game of the season.

We can tell you that Deep Backward Square Leg won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a little uneven. Should be tough for the batsmen on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 12: 58-0, runrate=4.83
Masio 1-0-4-0
Knights* 25 (31 balls)
Mehar 29 (41 balls)

Should win this one to maintain my !00% record.

playing the top side today. already doing better than last time when I only took one wicket off them.

End of Over 14: 74-2, runrate=5.29
Ohalloran 4-0-27-0
Hendrik* 21 (18 balls)
Lane 28 (35 balls)
Last Wicket: Khuliso c. Perry b. Allan 4 (FOW: 41/2)

BOT Bashing again...

BATTY SHRIMPERS II v Jar head

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS II won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy and humid day.

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 22: 30-10, runrate=1.36
Hessey 0-0-0-1
Mcphee* 1 (7 balls)

Rested Ahsamuddin after his double-double hundreds in the week. On a normal as I don't really want to promote in OD and with away games only for the next two weeks there's no harm if we lose this one. If we win I can still throw a later one if I need to (or I might change my mind). Bowling and making no impact.

End of Over 27: 115-0, runrate=4.26
Graham 7-1-25-0
Hluphizwe* 51 (71 balls)
Marshall 62 (92 balls)

My vague effort at not winning didn't work.

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone CC won by 8 wickets.
Baba Batters 201-2
ShrimperZone CC 202-2

Top of the table clash, winner gets promoted. he should win, but I'm giving it a go, and we'll see what happens.

BovisBets v BATTY SHRIMPERS II

BATTY SHRIMPERS II won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: uneven

End of Over 11: 43-1, runrate=3.91, reqrunrate=5.54 (258-3)
Payne 6-0-15-0
Seneka* 20 (30 balls)
Wicks 4 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Folan b. Scholtz 19 (FOW: 38/1)

could be tight, but not holding out much hope

End of Over 14: 72-1, runrate=5.14, reqrunrate=5.36 (264-4)
Thomson 7-0-48-0
Jefferson* 4 (3 balls)
Arrowsmith 36 (46 balls)
Last Wicket: Perry st. Gittens b. Stubbs 28 (FOW: 64/1)

what an over. Come on the Arrow

End of Over 47: 228-4, runrate=4.85, reqrunrate=12.33 (264-4)
Hume 9-1-44-2
Arrowsmith* 102 (140 balls)
Gholam 7 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Lamacq b. Hume 2 (FOW: 213/4)
46.6 4 Hume to Gholam
Gholam has hooked that for four.
46.5 lb1 Hume to Arrowsmith
Arrowsmith is clipped on the hip and the ball runs away to fine leg.
46.5 wd Hume to Arrowsmith
One very wide wide. Wide enough to be called a wide, and the umpire calls it a wide. A feast of wideness.
46.4 6 Hume to Arrowsmith
Bang! Six of the best, that's how to play cricket.
And that's a century for Arrowsmith! Well played indeed Sir!
46.3 3 Hume to Gholam
He flicks that over his shoulder and they should easily get three here... hang on, Gholam just tripped over his own two feet and Tshepo is turning for the throw now. This is going to be close... he's made it safely but fine fielding by Tshepo.
46.2 W Hume to Lamacq
Out! Easy as you like! It wasn't the best of shots from Lamacq, but let's give the bowler some credit. He pushed that through a little bit quicker and he got his reward as the stumps went tumbling.
46.1 1 Hume to Arrowsmith
Great shot by Arrowsmith and a superb piece of fielding by cover means it's only a single. Good cricket all round.

End of Over 46: 212-3, runrate=4.61, reqrunrate=13.25 (264-4)
Langenhof 8-0-45-1
Arrowsmith* 95 (137 balls)
Lamacq 2 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Allan c. Stubbs b. Langenhof 3 (FOW: 210/3)

bugger

47.4 . Langenhof to Mansfield
Short ball on off stump, tapped down into the covers in defence.
47.3 W Langenhof to Arrowsmith
Arrowsmith walks across his stumps to try and flick to leg, but he loses his leg stump.
47.2 . Langenhof to Arrowsmith
Short, wide of off, played straight to the cover fielder.
47.1 4 Langenhof to Arrowsmith
That's the slog sweep. Four runs.

Greetings from Portugal where our villa has been equipped with WiFi rather handily! Currently on course to lose top spot here.

End of Over 37: 199-2, runrate=5.38, reqrunrate=5.69 (272-3)
Wilkshire 7-0-34-1
Mackintosh* 16 (21 balls)
Langhammer 94 (99 balls)
Last Wicket: Clemence c & b. Wilkshire 69 (FOW: 156/2)

Back