• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Season 25

Bashed a BOT this morning. Going to finish 2nd in the league, but not unhappy as it will put me in a P/O and then I can see what I'd be going into...

Franchise BOT bashing as well today. A win will see them promoted barring a freak set of results.

We lost but 2nd lost as well so we remain top. More decisions to be made, definitely want FC promotion this season but both might be painful!

Won again to stay second in 3rd toughest III. Next up decides whether I finish 2nd or 3rd. Was expecting 5th at start of season. Most of this achieved without Blinkhorn who will retire at end of season having been one of my first signings. Will play him in the last week of season. BOT FC and then the OD as a last farewell.

Went with a TIE to try to get to 2nd and still somehow won! 3rd in the promotion table, could yet bin the play off.

Big game for the franchise boys. A win takes us into III.

Top v us (2nd). 12 wins one loss for both of us. Their loss was against us.

A play off or maybe auto if we win. Like last week I've gone with TIE to try to avoid it but last week's oppo did the same and I fear this week's may have too as we're flying along!

End of Over 20: 116-2, runrate=5.80
Kumar 5-0-25-0
Sinethemba* 28 (36 balls)
Brennan 55 (39 balls)

Last Wicket: Ahsamuddin Run Out 21 (FOW: 39/2)

they're batting first and they're off quickly

End of Over 4: 21-0, runrate=5.25
Chenery 2-0-15-0
Rajupillai* 11 (12 balls)
Willis 10 (12 balls)

Willis goes

End of Over 13: 60-1, runrate=4.62
Rossouw 2-0-6-1
Rajupillai* 36 (36 balls)
Donald 0 (3 balls)
Last Wicket: Willis c. Wolleaston b. Rossouw 24 (FOW: 60/1)

Won with 5 balls to spare to finish the season with a 100% record and I don't have a play-off to contend with so I'm promoted! :happy::happy::happy:

Congrats! I successfully lost and avoided promotion :smile:

Yep, with three wagebills of £2m+ in level I I'm happy to pitch my tent at the moment......

P/O against a BOT today, which we really need to lose.

All the bowlers are at the top of the order and set to V. Def. All the batters are set to bowl as V. Att, and we're on a TIE. Can't do much else...

Plane seems to be working so far.

Poulton Cricket Club v BATTY SHRIMPERS II

Poulton Cricket Club won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: hard & fast

End of Over 17: 122-0, runrate=7.18
Benton 2-0-13-0
Chibale* 58 (47 balls)
Jenkins 63 (55 balls)

Plane seems to be working so far.
Going flying or trimming some wood? Reminds me of an old joke, for Heather Mills birthday Paul McCartney bought her a plane. For her other leg he got her a razor.

Anyway, you appear to be a dirty camper - says me who avoided a play off in OD, deliberately relegated my franchise and regrets promoting in FC.....

Back