• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 11

MrB

Life President
Pudlington CC v ShrimperZone CC

Should be a walkover assuming he throws it like he has 9 out of 10 times this season. If he forgets like he did against UGTF then we'll be butchered!

They've played their first team, I'm going to get thrashed. Didn't notice he'd played his firsts last week too. Grrrr, now facing a certain relegation play off and could still displace you in the bottom two Toddy.

Last edited:
GFI to maintain my 100%. Neeky back, as is Allan. Jeffers not 100% so moved down order. Changed my orders so Neeky bowls right through. Looks like a wise decision:

End of Over 11: 34-4, runrate=3.09
van Niekerk 6-1-13-4
Gulzar* 21 (31 balls)
Lloyd 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Duggan b. van Niekerk 1 (FOW: 34/4)

Gulzar is 75,000 BTR. Need to get him and the rest will tumble.

Well, not as disastrous is it could have been. Sandy showing what we could have done with a first team out. With BT20 next week there was no need for me to rest players anyway! Grrr, poor management on my part.

End of Over 16: 70-4, runrate=4.38
Ellington 3-0-16-0
Sandile* 44 (46 balls)
Baird 6 (13 balls)

Last Wicket: Bond c. Cudworth b. Nicholls 7 (FOW: 49/4)

Rather annoying.

End of Over 29: 128-4, runrate=4.41
Nethercott 5-0-24-0
Gulzar* 63 (79 balls)
Lloyd 51 (60 balls)

Last Wicket: Duggan b. van Niekerk 1 (FOW: 34/4)

Thrashing continuing. Don't care though as off on team Xmas lunch now so my day is done.....

Away to the top of the table, collapsed to 47-5 on a Flat Pitch and Sunny weather, with all the big guns gone. Have made a recovery of sorts, but we'll collapse in a heap again once the last 10 starts.

Park Avenue CC v BATTY SHRIMPERS

Park Avenue CC won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Flat

End of Over 37: 127-5, runrate=3.43
Foxe 7-2-20-0
Glasby* 27 (82 balls)
Downing 49 (86 balls)

Last Wicket: Asher lbw b. Grabben 2 (FOW: 47/5)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB (3rd) is away to the bottom of the table, and looks like she'll win easily.

Pigeons XI v DIBS DIPPERS

Pigeons XI won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 37: 185-0, runrate=5.00
Edghill 7-0-40-0
Potter* 84 (106 balls)
Stride 97 (118 balls)

Ended up 198-9, I'd have taken that from 47-5. Not going to be anywhere near enough though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB racked up 271-2.

Won away so another season in this league assured.

Rested much of the bowling attack, only Williams and Mcgouran of the first choice line up played along with 17yo Bowditch.

Opposition have a few good 18/19yo's in their line up and batting first they made 198ao although at 130-2 I thought they might go on to score a reasonable total but all 5 bowlers shared the wickets with two run outs thrown in as well.

We made 199 with ten overs to spare, Bob Birkett following his great form with 104* at almost a run a ball. Swayne 43 and Motterham 43* seeing us home.

I'm glad it's BT20 week and I have three easy games after (two versus bots) as some players are knackered!

Back