• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD week 12

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
A toughie this week against a team claiming not to be camping but arguably just doing enough to retain top 4. Hoping he is resting a couple but inexperience is likely to go against me. I've beaten him before and he doesn't underestimate me. A win today would be massive, a narrow defeat for NRR is a realistic target. Off to Buckmore Park Karting this afternoon so can pretty much see all of this without hiding the phone. Sadly I'm taking no chances with my back so won't be Karting myself.

Strangely it's my batsmen that are suffering from fitness issues so Richie, Sandy and Lamo all rest for the big FC game and Plummer isn't fit enough to start so we only bat meaningfully down to 5 today. Will have to rely on the bowlers today - no change there then!

Playing the runaway leaders, will lose. gone for a long batting line-up in the hope that i can limit damage to the NRR, but i'll still have done well to make more than 50-60.

Everyone bar The Skip (Energetic) at Sublime, so Full-Strength and GFI again today. Wins in the next 2 weeks, will lead to a winner takes all showdown on the last day of the season aainst Immortals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB has just Eagles at Energetic, so she's also at full-strength, but TIE against 7th, although they beat her earlier in the season. Same situation for Mrs BB, wins in her next 2 will leave a last day showdown with Rehtakul Veets CC&FC for the title.

Playing the team in second at home, all his team is on sublime fitness, where as my middle order with the all rounders are struggling a little bit, down to invigorated but a bot in FC next week helps.

Think I'm going to get GFI'd so will go for it too.

Poodlefakers v BATTY SHRIMPERS

We can tell you that Poodlefakers won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Hmm, don't often bat first, Dusty pitch as well, could be interesting.

ton_up_kings v DIBS DIPPERS

We can tell you that ton_up_kings won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a cracker! Hard and fast - should be a run-fest out there on this sunny day.

Booo, didn't want to lose this toss. On the upside it's cloudy and cracked and we haven't lost a wicket in the first two overs!!

End of Over 2: 11-0, runrate=5.50
Badley 1-0-6-0
Cook* 5 (5 balls)
Sajjad 6 (7 balls)

25/04/2005 Ownership of the team changed hands as BrockVH took control and renamed the team ShrimperZone CC.

Happy Birthday me!

Not a bad start considering his openeres are 211k and 95k BTR.

Poodlefakers won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 6: 28-0, runrate=4.67
Kealeboga 3-0-13-0
Evelyn* 14 (19 balls)
Ricketts 14 (17 balls)

Good start for Mrs BB considering it's H+F

ton_up_kings won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Hard and Fast

End of Over 7: 29-1, runrate=4.14
Mohammed 4-0-13-1
Rafiq* 14 (13 balls)
Gregan 4 (9 balls)

Last Wicket: Sykes b. Mohammed 11 (FOW: 23/1)

Happy with this, anything over three figures should be enough.

End of Over 9: 41-1, runrate=4.56
Pedro 5-0-23-1
Askew* 10 (14 balls)
Cook 22 (27 balls)

Last Wicket: Sajjad c. Ridgewell b. Pedro 9 (FOW: 22/1)

Fat-Boy's out, but he's done the job required

End of Over 11: 52-1, runrate=4.73
Tranter 6-0-27-1
Evelyn* 18 (29 balls)
Hansen 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Ricketts b. Tranter 33 (FOW: 52/1)

Same old story for Mrs BB, Loads of runs, but picking up wickets as well

End of Over 12: 75-2, runrate=6.25
Iwuajoku 1-0-11-0
Folkes* 18 (10 balls)
Rafiq 37 (29 balls)

Last Wicket: Gregan c. Stride b. Mohammed 9 (FOW: 47/2)

Well i thought that i would need to win today but it seems Oakworth dont want to go up at all so it means that i can afford to lose. I have a very good team in Mad Ron - they mainly rely on their batting. They are 55-0 after 16 overs so have restricted them very nicely. It will all depend on what bowlers they open with as they have a couple of useful bowlers but a couple of naff one's which they sometimes open with which is why i have put Titterton up top today with Browne!

Kev

Very pleased with this so far. Yet another 50 for Evelyn and now 34yo cheapie Proficient Hansen is getting in on the act.

End of Over 20: 107-1, runrate=5.35
Lee 5-0-37-0
Evelyn* 51 (58 balls)
Hansen 22 (27 balls)

Last Wicket: Ricketts b. Tranter 33 (FOW: 52/1)

Mrs BB still getting caned to all parts.

End of Over 21: 132-2, runrate=6.29
York 1-0-7-0
Rafiq* 70 (60 balls)
Folkes 37 (33 balls)

Last Wicket: Gregan c. Stride b. Mohammed 9 (FOW: 47/2)

although this is not going to be anything other than a heavy defeat, i'm pretty pleased at the moment- good resistance on a TIE (now why couldn't we do that in the FC game?)

End of Over 23: 50-3, runrate=2.17
Rowney 5-2-14-0
Thornley* 27 (67 balls)
Horsfield 19 (58 balls)
Last Wicket: Rieger lbw b. Craddock 0 (FOW: 4/3)

Barnett going mad against good bowlers and Hoult just got out bringing in Hulse.

End of Over 24: 88-2, runrate=3.67
Aubrey 2-0-12-0
Hoult* 12 (43 balls)
Barnett 34 (35 balls)

Last Wicket: Bartlett b. Lester 17 (FOW: 43/2)

Back