• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 2

MrB

Life President
Imagine this will be a pretty quiet thread today! Kev, BB and I will no doubt be refreshing our phones frequently at the Spread!

Anyway, we're playing the sold up team. Annoyingly their one remaining good player is still there so I can't totally rest however we are resting HHH, Mario, BFG and Diggers so only two frontline bowlers playing. Hoping I'll have enough in the batting department to knock down whatever target they set.

playing a decent side who I mostly win against. theyre batting first

End of Over 4: 14-1, runrate=3.50
Fisher 2-1-3-1
Pienaar* 6 (12 balls)
Teasdale 2 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Pook b. Fisher 6 (FOW: 12/1)

Batting first, playing a side who are better than me so i'm happy so far!

End of Over 41: 210-1, runrate=5.12
Bishop 9-0-34-1
Mehar* 100 (133 balls)
Liebenberg 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Robert b. Bishop 96 (FOW: 210/1)

B, is the PFL saved from resting players instead of TIE with a full-side worth the disadvantage you'll get from NRR?

Important game v Gatley for us, the sort we need to win if we are to stay up. They put us into bat, H+F pitch in the sun, and we've scored nicely so far, but under perfect batting conditions we will need every run in the last 5 overs.

End of Over 45: 254-2, runrate=5.64
Howard 8-1-39-1
Raisani* 122 (140 balls)
Prospere 52 (62 balls)
Last Wicket: Tsietsi Run Out 64 (FOW: 116/2)

Batting first. Picked up after a bit of a slow start and looks like a decent score on the board in PC+W conditions:

End of Over 50: 261-2, runrate=5.22
Glasby 10-0-48-1
Convey* 121 (130 balls)
Westhead 59 (58 balls)
Last Wicket: Glover c. David b. Todd 52 (FOW: 123/2)

Last edited:
271/2, got to be happy with that considering Fitz failed again.

Mrs BB restricted her oppo to 215 on cracked / sunny so she should chase that down

against one of the league's better sides. need to slow them down a bit but heroic stuff from Barnes after a century with the bat. god knows how screwed his PFL is going to be...

End of Over 9: 53-3, runrate=5.89, reqrunrate=5.15 (263-4)
Barnes 5-1-23-3
Knights* 8 (8 balls)
Hickey 26 (19 balls)
Last Wicket: House c. Hamilton b. Barnes 0 (FOW: 34/3)

they're slight favourites going into the last ten after their monster bats put on a big partnership. one more wicket though would get us into a long tail.

End of Over 40: 209-4, runrate=5.23, reqrunrate=5.50 (263-4)
Cliffe 10-0-49-0
Knights* 70 (95 balls)
Ogrady 22 (16 balls)
Last Wicket: Hickey c. Barnes b. Cairns 95 (FOW: 168/4)

update... looks like we've lost this.

46.2 3 Barnes to Ogrady
Chipped towards the deep midwicket boundary. Ogrady will pick up three runs.
46.1 1 Barnes to Knights
Nicely flicked around to the region of wide midwicket.

End of Over 46: 247-4, runrate=5.37, reqrunrate=4.25 (263-4)
Yeates 8-1-41-0
Knights* 91 (119 balls)
Ogrady 34 (28 balls)
Last Wicket: Hickey c. Barnes b. Cairns 95 (FOW: 168/4)

Last edited:
B, is the PFL saved from resting players instead of TIE with a full-side worth the disadvantage you'll get from NRR?
To be honest I didn't expect them to get the score they did but I didn't count for them having one more uber player who took our ressie bowlers apart (he's now been sold).

Ah well, a win is a win.

I won - somehow! Chased down 260 odd on a bowling pitch in bowling friendly conditions and got there with a ball to spare. Huge knock from Guy who batted the whole way thru!

Some scary ratings in my league so 5/6th is my season aim!

Kev

Won by 29 runs to keep up the 100% record in all comps, very pleasing win, although PFL's are starting to look a bit worse for wear. Luckily we have Dobcross this Friday so we can rest a few.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB won by 9 wickets with 6 overs to spare.

Back