• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MrB

Life President
ShrimperZone CC v Gatley

Ouch. Existing FC champions Gatley roll up at Garon Park including 500k batsman Jenny. Muse managed to grind out a draw with them in FC last week with these ratings:

Southend Gatley
Top Order: masterful elite
Middle Order: miraculous elite
Lower Order: competent woeful
Seam Bowling: phenomenal phenomenal
Spin Bowling: elite elite
Fielding: mediocre strong

MOTM: Phil Jenny

Was tempted to roll over and have my tummy tickled but with BT20 next week I'm going to give it a go so it's very rare GFI.

The top 3 have all won their first 4 games and we play each of them over the coming weeks which will be a good indication of where the team is at the moment. We're all energetic other than Lamo and Diggers who are invigorated. Fingers crossed!!

Gatley are frightening. Good luck.

I've lost yet another toss and am batting, badly.

Eboracum Legionnaires v Southend

Welcome to Coliseum of Light for the match between Eboracum Legionnaires and Southend.

We can tell you that Eboracum Legionnaires won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking like a road. As flat as a pancake. No help for the bowlers on this overcast and cold day.

End of Over 3: 5-1, runrate=1.67
Greenwood 2-0-3-1
Raisani* 2 (5 balls)
Tsietsi 1 (11 balls)
Last Wicket: Gobern b. Greenwood 0 (FOW: 0/1)

Promising start considering it's cloudy and humid.

End of Over 6: 27-0, runrate=4.50
Naidoo 3-0-16-0
Cunningham* 19 (18 balls)
Sinethemba 8 (18 balls)

Blimey, Richie has emerged spectacularly from his recent hibernation!

End of Over 14: 75-0, runrate=5.36
Kelly 2-0-10-0
Sinethemba* 20 (33 balls)
Cunningham 50 (52 balls)

We've got something to aim at but it's not going to be enough

End of Over 3: 7-0, runrate=2.33, reqrunrate=2.47 (122-10)
Walker 2-0-2-0
Astle* 4 (10 balls)
Tota 2 (8 balls)

We really need to work on our final 10 batting, from this:

End of Over 40: 184-2, runrate=4.60
Kelly 10-0-39-1
Cunningham* 97 (134 balls)
Mcleod 5 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Lamey c. Howard b. Kelly 49 (FOW: 175/2)

To this:

End of Over 45: 216-6, runrate=4.80
Howard 8-0-40-3
Sandile* 20 (12 balls)
Benjamin 1 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Graham lbw b. Howard 0 (FOW: 214/6)

Need a shift from these two or we won't be able to defend.

That's how you finish an innings!

End of Over 50: 259-6, runrate=5.18
Rowley 10-0-61-1
Sandile* 38 (26 balls)
Benjamin 26 (17 balls)

Last Wicket: Graham lbw b. Howard 0 (FOW: 214/6)

49.6 4 Rowley to Benjamin
Loose and pulled away for four.
49.5 4 Rowley to Benjamin
Benjamin takes a big stride down the wicket and smashes the ball to the midwicket boundary. A fat man with a rather too small T-shirt retrieves the ball and throws it back to Rowley.
49.4 4 Rowley to Benjamin
Brilliant footwork as he shuffles down the pitch to launch the ball over Rowley, before sending it racing past long off to the boundary.

We can tell you that Wanborough Wombles won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 50: 248-8, runrate=4.96
Dixon 10-0-60-4
Sookram* 141 (130 balls)
Richardson 9 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Waters b. Dixon 0 (FOW: 228/8)

Likewise B, i recovered at the end and got to a good total on a difficult day for batting!!

An excellent knock from Sookram and a nice bit of batting from Deane got me in this spot after i was 20-3 and lost 4 wickets in 9 balls with 5 overs to go and got an extra 20/30 runs near the end but new-boy Richardson hung in with Sookram to get upto a nice figure!! I've GFI'ed so time for my 3 spinners to make some hay!!

We can tell you that Wanborough Wombles won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 50: 248-8, runrate=4.96
Dixon 10-0-60-4
Sookram* 141 (130 balls)
Richardson 9 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Waters b. Dixon 0 (FOW: 228/8)

Likewise B, i recovered at the end and got to a good total on a difficult day for batting!!

An excellent knock from Sookram and a nice bit of batting from Deane got me in this spot after i was 20-3 and lost 4 wickets in 9 balls with 5 overs to go and got an extra 20/30 runs near the end but new-boy Richardson hung in with Sookram to get upto a nice figure!! I've GFI'ed so time for my 3 spinners to make some hay!!

You had 2 spinners already and still outbid me for the one I needed? Cheeky *******! :D

Spinners tend to be cheaper as there's so many of them.

Hoping to have £7m to splurge on a batsman soon, happy to go a bit older so will be hoping to pick up something nice. No sales of first teamers involved so will be pure strengthening *flex*

Nice tight start. Can't see us bowling them out so it's all about economy. Dusty track and three spinners to come, fingers crossed.......

End of Over 5: 17-0, runrate=3.40, reqrunrate=5.40 (259-6)
Digana 3-0-8-0
Bissell* 10 (18 balls)
Sayce 7 (12 balls)

I know, i know! But i plan to sell Guy and buy a quickie if one appears on the market so i have a more balanced attack lol!

Sounds a decent plan. I have 12m burning a hole in my pocket which, like Mr B, will be a purely strengthening exercise as I bat to number 9. We're still *****, though. Need a star or two in my side.

First man down, problem is it brings Jenny to the crease. In the context it's like bowling out Curtly Ambrose so that Viv Richards can bat.

End of Over 11: 53-1, runrate=4.82, reqrunrate=5.31 (259-6)
Digana 6-0-23-1
Bissell* 24 (36 balls)
Jenny 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Sayce c. Marriott b. Digana 24 (FOW: 53/1)

Spinners pitch. Yeah. Really helping Benji.

End of Over 14: 81-1, runrate=5.79, reqrunrate=4.97 (259-6)
Benjamin 2-0-22-0
Jenny* 6 (6 balls)
Bissell 45 (49 balls)

Here comes the weak point, Graham could get tonked here. The worrying this is that Bissell looks like their weakest batsman but he's scoring for fun.

End of Over 22: 104-1, runrate=4.73, reqrunrate=5.57 (259-6)
Graham 1-0-10-0
Bissell* 55 (73 balls)
Jenny 17 (30 balls)

2nd bot opponent in a week.

£500,000 gate receipts this week and my team have thrilled our record crowds with a total 95 overs in the two home games this week. We made over £5,000 per over bowled :D

Wicket following a no ball which is good in a way. Except that their other monster bat is now at the crease. This run rate is nowhere near good enough, we're going to have to fluke one or both of these out. Wish I had a couple of players like this but I just can't justify the combined wage of £730k pw!!

End of Over 34: 150-2, runrate=4.41, reqrunrate=6.88 (259-6)
Benjamin 7-0-36-1
Jenny* 47 (61 balls)
Westrop 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Bissell c. Mcleod b. Benjamin 70 (FOW: 150/2)

33.6 W Benjamin to Bissell
Short and hammered straight to Mcleod at short midwicket, who has taken a screamer. Bissell can't believe his eyes and can barely drag himself from his crease. What a catch!
33.6 nb. Benjamin to Bissell
no ball, Well forward, solid stroke straight to mid off.

We're looking like chucking it away. Kumar has a highest ever score of 34, and Dhanjal is only a quality. Our death bowling all season has been crap, so a tense finish is in store.

End of Over 47: 246-5, runrate=5.23, reqrunrate=7.67 (268-4)
Rennie 9-0-54-0
Dhanjal* 30 (24 balls)
Kumar 28 (29 balls)
Last Wicket: Riddell b. Granville 47 (FOW: 188/5)

Back