• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 7

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Today I will be bot bashing resting most including my WK for next week's reverse FC and crucial OD which will either condemn me to playoffs or keep 4th spot hopes very much alive. Sadly my cup exit will cane receipts. Slightly unfair given my lowly ranking.

Los Galactico (3rd) v BATTY SHRIMPERS (2nd)

Big game for us today, as a win could see us leading the division come 5pm tonight. LG is still in the Cup so I have generously agreed to a mutal TIE. Therefore we've got a full-strength side out, with new singing Motterham making his debut.

We've certainly made worse starts to a game :smiles:

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a little uneven. Should be tough for the batsmen on this sunny day.

End of Over 6: 12-2, runrate=2.00
Motterham 3-1-7-0
Peters* 2 (9 balls)
Hannan 9 (22 balls)

Last Wicket: York lbw b. Singh 0 (FOW: 2/2)

----------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS (1st) v The Undutchables (4th)

Tough game for Mrs BB with her still being in the Cup as well.

She's decided to GFI today, as she's going for a 7/0 start in OD. She'll TIE on Sunday which "should" still be sufficient to win.

Probably a good toss to win given the conditions, although her bowlers haven't backed her up yet.

We can tell you that DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 6: 30-0, runrate=5.00
Arnold 3-0-10-0
Cawood* 26 (18 balls)
Camp 4 (18 balls)

dodgy start with the bat. Unless we turn this around a bit, a first league defeat of the season looks likely. Oppo look to be on a GFI.

End of Over 22: 91-3, runrate=4.14
Maxfield 6-1-27-2
Sookram* 24 (41 balls)
Bryant 13 (14 balls)

Last Wicket: Hamilton st. Siyabulela b. Nadarajasunderam 18 (FOW: 72/3)

All 5 of Angband's bowlers are at fresh so I went PAN and rested Graham. Can't believe how slow we're going.

End of Over 22: 80-1, runrate=3.64
Hunt-seviour 1-0-1-0
Guneratne* 29 (52 balls)
Wanless 31 (56 balls)

Last Wicket: Sinethemba c. Kewell b. Priyantha 18 (FOW: 22/1)

Feel a bit better now.

End of Over 27: 132-1, runrate=4.89
Montgomery 7-0-46-0
Guneratne* 53 (70 balls)
Wanless 58 (69 balls)

Last Wicket: Sinethemba c. Kewell b. Priyantha 18 (FOW: 22/1)

26.6 4 Montgomery to Wanless
Montgomery tossed that one up outside off stump as Wanless quickly fell onto one knee and smashed it through square leg. Deep midwicket and deep fine leg are split perfectly as they converge on the ball at the boundary edge. Power and placement there by Wanless.
26.5 . Montgomery to Wanless
I was wondering when we would see Wanless reverse sweeping. There it is. He clunks it into his back foot for no runs. Perhaps he'll put that shot back in its box now.
26.4 6 Montgomery to Wanless
What a shot, that one has hit the clocktower. Six all the way.
And that's his fifty! Well played.
26.3 4 Montgomery to Wanless
Drives to extra cover and Kewell can't cut it off.
26.2 4 Montgomery to Wanless
Picture postcard finish on that cover drive down on one knee from Wanless.
26.1 4 Montgomery to Wanless
Flashing cover drive. The man in the covers doesn't move as the ball sails past him out to the boundary.

Not good, considering they were 2/2 after 1 over. Gonna be a tough chase.

Los Galactico v BATTY SHRIMPERS

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: uneven

End of Over 50: 258-6, runrate=5.16
Motterham 10-1-50-1
Hannan* 114 (128 balls)
Vijayakumar 7 (12 balls)

Last Wicket: Mitchell b. Motterham 10 (FOW: 246/6)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Not good, considering the conditions. Gonna be a tough chase for Mrs BB

End of Over 50: 245-4, runrate=4.90
Arnold 10-0-39-2
Bentley* 12 (11 balls)
Jaco 18 (22 balls)

Last Wicket: Akmal b. Arnold 82 (FOW: 220/4)

Terrible effort here. Need some tight overs. Horne is 35, he can't last much longer!

End of Over 36: 193-2, runrate=5.36, reqrunrate=5.14 (264-3)
Crossley 8-0-41-0
Horne* 106 (107 balls)
Benitez 10 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Olivier b. Udayakumar 68 (FOW: 169/2)

Just about turned it round, phew!!

End of Over 48: 241-3, runrate=5.02, reqrunrate=12.00 (264-3)
Digana 9-1-45-0
Labont* 15 (17 balls)
Benitez 28 (47 balls)

Last Wicket: Horne c. Lamey b. Nadeeka 120 (FOW: 220/3)

They hit 4 and 6 with the last 2 balls of the penultimate over leaving them needing 10 off the last. 1 1 4 left me worried but a wicket was followed by a 1 and a dot to give me the win by 2 runs!

ShrimperZone CC 264-3
Angband Town 262-4

Very important win with a home double header next week.

Back