• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 8

MrB

Life President
Purple Dinosaurs v ShrimperZone CC

The batting heroics of yesterday have left us in a rare position where the bowlers are fitter than the batsmen! Full strength line up, was once again tempted to rest everyone but I'll be GFIing on Sunday regardless and throwing BT20 games next week if we get through.

I think we'll still lose but we shall see, hopefully the bowlers can do a job.

End of Over 5: 18-1, runrate=3.60
Digana 3-1-14-1
Matthews* 8 (10 balls)
Hamilton 3 (14 balls)

Last Wicket: Hutchison c. Benjamin b. Digana 7 (FOW: 7/1)

This should be fun:

Prsanna Faaiz
Battrick Rating: 157,373
Wages: £77,876 p/w
Preference: Favours Spin Bowling

Jack Mccammon
Battrick Rating: 232,464
Wages: £77,161 p/w
Preference: Favours RH Bowlers

My middle 30 overs is completely spin with two right handers. Sigh.....

Mr B, you will be pleased to know that so far this season, i have retired and replaced Keehan (236OD, 106FC, 98TT matches) and Sneath (232OD, 99FC, 87TT), to go along with Cole who i retired last season (191OD, 74FC, 60TT).

The team is almost beyond recognition with these three loses (except for the other 8 who have been around years!)

You are almost Fergie-esque with your ruthless culling of established players. Did they become too big for the club?

I'm getting a proper shoeing as I expected.

End of Over 30: 145-2, runrate=4.83
Graham 5-0-29-0
Matthews* 75 (91 balls)
Faaiz 45 (44 balls)

Last Wicket: Hamilton c. Lamey b. Marriott 18 (FOW: 52/2)

You are almost Fergie-esque with your ruthless culling of established players. Did they become too big for the club?

Cole was respectfully offered a coaching role, however, Keehan and Sneath were involved in a 4 man roasting session along with 2 un-named players from General Stars, with the lady in question apparently being a 'big name' from Hollyoakes.

Have also just signed this chap for £5.2m, with very little competition..

16. Warren Edwards (2725958) Warren is a defensive RH Batsman, and a defensive RH wrist spin Bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and fair fitness.

Plays For: N-Trance shire
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 69,741 (+393)
Wages: £9,494 p/w
Preference: Favours RH Bowlers
Trait: None

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: superb Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: superb

not bad, and will replace Green next season

I am really annoyed. Only dropped one bowler. Yet they're batting well.

End of Over 38: 158-1, runrate=4.16
van Niekerk 9-0-49-0
Wheater* 68 (111 balls)
Fordham 86 (99 balls)
Last Wicket: Primus c. Perry b. Charnock 2 (FOW: 14/1)

3rd (me) vs 5th. We won the first match and have made an ideal start in this match.

End of Over 48: 153-10, runrate=3.19
Williams 8-0-33-4
Henderson* 1 (2 balls)

22/10/2010 Played a OD League match (5400210) and received £270,000 in gate receipts.

I'm assuming that's 35000 sold out for the first time

I sense the run rate will prove to be my enemy here, my batsmen are all tired so I can't see them keeping up.

End of Over 13: 52-0, runrate=4.00, reqrunrate=5.22 (244-3)
Mccammon 2-0-7-0
Cunningham* 24 (39 balls)
Sinethemba 27 (39 balls)

Run rate drifted then we knocked their weakest bowler about to get it back in check. Most importantly wickets are still in hand. Lamo is on sublime so he's the key, surprised Richie hasn't had a coronary!!

End of Over 32: 147-1, runrate=4.59, reqrunrate=5.44 (244-3)
Colley 6-0-30-0
Cunningham* 80 (101 balls)
Lamey 11 (13 balls)

Last Wicket: Sinethemba b. Pearce 55 (FOW: 125/1)

Sigh

33.2 W Colley to Lamey
If a person feels he can't communicate, the least he can do is shut up about it. Total confusion. Run out by miles.

Last edited:
A good 5 wicket win for us will probably keep us third and with a 12 point advantage over 5th-6th place. Very happy with how the season has gone so far. No real fitness issues to contend with and with BT20 week and one more FC match against a bot next up the players will be in good shape going in to the busier period as the season closes.

And that's the end of the match. Napster's XI won by 10 wickets.
Starvin Marvin's XI 217-3
Napster's XI 218-0

End of Over 36: 218-0, runrate=6.06
Kulatunga 7-0-65-0
Perry* 94 (114 balls)
Jefferson 117 (101 balls)

Starvin Marvin's XI Napster's XI
Top Order: remarkable exquisite
Middle Order: quality proficient
Lower Order: competent abysmal
Seam Bowling: quality phenomenal
Spin Bowling: exceptional wonderful
Fielding: respectable feeble
MOTM: Jefferson

We're going to get screwed by te new match engine. 13 off the first three overs of the final 10.

End of Over 43: 200-2, runrate=4.65, reqrunrate=6.43 (244-3)
Mcclory 7-0-28-0
Cunningham* 104 (135 balls)
Mcleod 27 (29 balls)

Last Wicket: Lamey Run Out 12 (FOW: 149/2)

And that's the end of the match. General Stars won by 84 runs.General Stars263-4jaggeral cc179-10

Good stuff from my boys today after yesterdays dissapointment. Excellent unbeaten ton from Sookram and then Deane picks up his first 5fer in a competitive OD game!

Ill stay top but not overly suprised by the win as jaggeral are knackered as have had a good cup run!

Kev

(this obviously isn't Em lol)

Woo hoo, 2 balls to spare. What an exciting BT week this has been! After batting for 7,000 balls yesterday, Sandy wanders out for 2 balls to hit the winning runs.

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone CC won by 6 wickets.
Purple Dinosaurs 244-3
ShrimperZone CC 248-4

End of Over 50: 248-4, runrate=4.96
Howell 9-0-73-0
Mcleod* 47 (47 balls)
Sandile 4 (2 balls)

Back