• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

...of the decade

I don't know if it's just me but over the past few days I've noticed different forms of media are gearing up for their "Votes of the decade".

I'm not wanting to step on any of the owners/mods toes but I was wondering if this auspicious website was thinking of doing something similar, I know we always tend to have various debates/votes at the end of the calendar (& football) year anyway.

I was thinking we could maybe have SUFC related categories as well as other more poster or non-football topic related areas. Although, I remember from before some people's feedback was that all the "Battle of" & other voting competitions do tend to annoy some posters.

Thoughts & ideas?

Sounds good to me, Rich. Folks - start the ball rolling with your suggestions.

Just to clear up the "treading on toes" point... perhaps I speak only for myself, but this is a fans' forum - so it's for you guys to set the agenda. We're only here to make sure a modicum of order and decorum is generally maintained.

;)

Just to clear up the "treading on toes" point... perhaps I speak only for myself, but this is a fans' forum - so it's for you guys to set the agenda. We're only here to make sure a modicum of order and decorum is generally maintained.

Yep, good point. I probably could have worded that a bit better. I think though that last time I suggested a big idea like this, I got told ideas were already in hand and so it sort of took the wind out of my sails a bit!

i'd be cool for people to be able to submit maybe a Top 5 of something, and then nominate one for their '... of the decade'

topics like:

Album of the decade
Film of the decade
TV show of the decade

and then footy ones like:
Southend game of the decade
Southend player of the decade

i'd be cool for people to be able to submit maybe a Top 5 of something, and then nominate one for their '... of the decade'

topics like:

Album of the decade
Film of the decade
TV show of the decade

and then footy ones like:
Southend game of the decade
Southend player of the decade

The Decline of British Sea Power
Gladiator
The Wire
League Two Play-Off Final
Freddy Eastwood

That is all.

*sigh*

Useful suggestions please, Paul. And let's keep this thread SUFC related.

So, starting to pull those together:

* SUFC Player of the Decade
* SUFC Game of the Decade

Here are some more suggestions:

* Best SUFC Signing of the Decade
* Worst SUFC Signing of the Decade
* Best SUFC Goal of the Decade
* Best SUFC Moment of the Decade
* Worst SUFC Moment of the Decade
* Best SUFC Manager of the Decade (hmm, lots of competition for that one...!)
* Worst SUFC Manager of the Decade
* Best opposition fans of the Decade
* Worst opposition fans of the Decade
* Best regular season away day of the Decade
* Worst regular season away day of the Decade

Anyhow, there are a few suggestions for you...

Sorry dad.....hate to cast doubt on this thread but I can see a certain Mr Eastwood, a game v Man Utd and Mr Tilson dominating.

Worst signing: Struggle between Ricketts and Foran.

Sorry dad.....hate to cast doubt on this thread but I can see a certain Mr Eastwood, a game v Man Utd and Mr Tilson dominating.

Worst signing: Struggle between Ricketts and Foran.

Ah - but for all of the above "best ofs" / "worst ofs", I was going to recommend that people come up with their top five - and we can then come up with a composite list.

:)

Best oggy
Best away ground
Best away fans
Best assist
Best assistant manager
Best rumour on Shrimperzone
Best striker who is not Freddy Eastwood

* Southend fan most likely to go to jail for stalking
* Southend fan most likely to **** himself at a reserve game and borrow Tillys tracksuit bottoms
* Southend fan most likely to miss a large England flag with Aberdeen Shrimper on it

* Worst SUFC Signing of the Decade
Matt you just feed the lines & I'll finish them off. You know it makes sense.

Signed on the 22nd July 2002 (yea I know, it seems much longer ago to me as well) the great God Juggernaut himself.
The Worlds Greatest Living Centre Forward as described by that football legend himself........................Scriven!!
Well he actually descrbed him as "Thi Warolds Gresest Lovin Country Farmhand" (last 2 were close)

I give you the Leg End that was ............................................GRAEME JONES. :puke

Best battle of the decade
Best football song of the decade
Best SUFC goal of the decade
Best stadium visited during a league game with SUFC of the decade
Best stadium visited with SUFC of the decade
Best player sold by SUFC of the decade
Best player brought by SUFC of the decade

* Southend fan most likely to go to jail for stalking
* Southend fan most likely to **** himself at a reserve game and borrow Tillys tracksuit bottoms
* Southend fan most likely to miss a large England flag with Aberdeen Shrimper on it

Ermmmmmmmmm............. :whistling:

Back