• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

**** off itv

For anyone who's interested. TV Broadcasters since 1990

ITALY 90 IRELAND ITV DREW
HOLLAND BBC DREW
EGYPT BBC WON
BELGIUM BOTH WON
CAMEROON BOTH WON
GERMANY BOTH LOST
ITALY BBC WON

France 98 TUNISIA BBC WON
ROMANIA ITV LOST
COLOMBIA BBC WON
ARGENTINA ITV LOST

KOREA/JAPAN 02 SWEDEN ITV DREW
ARGENTINA BBC WON
NIGERIA BBC DRAW
DENMARK BBC WON
BRAZIL BOTH LOST

2006 GERMANY PARAGUAY BBC WON
TRINIDAD ITV WON
SWEDEN ITV DREW
ECUADOR BBC WON
PORTUGAL BBC LOST

Since 1990, when ITV Has been the sole broadcaster in the UK for an England World Cup game, we have won only once against Trinidad and Tobago in 2006. Where BBC and ITV were joint broadcasters for the game, BBC recieved more viewers than ITV each time

Fairly certain we lost that one

I think that ITV should just be allowed to show the Champions League, a perfect match I feel. Every other competition is above them.

I don't like the ITV coverage either. Adrian Chiles was good on Match of the Day 2 but he doesn't make a good leading man. He doesn't say enough and he's not articulate enough. I actually quite like Clive Tydesley but his co-commentators are poor. The TV companies seem to just pick random foreign footballers for the World Cup, like Edgar Davids who always looks like he wants to fight Gareth Southgate. But he's not as bad as Adebayor on the BBC, can anyone understand what he says? They should have subtitles when he's speaking.

For anyone who's interested. TV Broadcasters since 1990

ITALY 90 IRELAND ITV DREW
HOLLAND BBC DREW
EGYPT BBC WON
BELGIUM BOTH WON
CAMEROON BOTH WON
GERMANY BOTH LOST
ITALY BBC LOST

France 98 TUNISIA BBC WON
ROMANIA ITV LOST
COLOMBIA BBC WON
ARGENTINA ITV LOST

KOREA/JAPAN 02 SWEDEN ITV DREW
ARGENTINA BBC WON
NIGERIA BBC DRAW
DENMARK BBC WON
BRAZIL BOTH LOST

2006 GERMANY PARAGUAY BBC WON
TRINIDAD ITV WON
SWEDEN ITV DREW
ECUADOR BBC WON
PORTUGAL BBC LOST

Since 1990, when ITV Has been the sole broadcaster in the UK for an England World Cup game, we have won only once against Trinidad and Tobago in 2006. Where BBC and ITV were joint broadcasters for the game, BBC recieved more viewers than ITV each time

Cheers, been looking for that list.

Even that Trinidad game was poor.

Just goes to show that ITV should **** right off.

I understand that if you stretch it back to 1982 then they only increase their sole broadcaster win output to 3. 3 wins in 28 years, nice.

I'm at ITV East Anglia on work experience next week... :( I could probably do a better job of commentating if they send me out there for a week!

One of the things that really irritated me about ITV's coverage of the World Cup was how the commentator of the Spain - Hounduras game said when Xavi came off for Fabregas that it was "the Barcelona man being replaced by the Barcelona man?" or words to that effect. Pretty poor showing given that Arsenal have rejected all of Barca's approches for Fabregas so far.

They were rabbitting on the other night about Gareth Barry using an oxygen chamber to make himself better. Might I suggest that ITV put Peter Drury and Jim Beglin into a carbon monoxide chamber to make their match commentary better?

One of the things that really irritated me about ITV's coverage of the World Cup was how the commentator of the Spain - Hounduras game said when Xavi came off for Fabregas that it was "the Barcelona man being replaced by the Barcelona man?" or words to that effect. Pretty poor showing given that Arsenal have rejected all of Barca's approches for Fabregas so far.
I think if you were to ask him, he would say he meant where they were born, brought up and came through the ranks of youth football. Both Xavi and Fabregas were born in Barcelona.

I think if you were to ask him, he would say he meant where they were born, brought up and came through the ranks of youth football. Both Xavi and Fabregas were born in Barcelona.

I'm sure he probably would say that. The tone of how he made the comment gave me the impression it was about the clubs they play for rather than the place of thier birth.

I think proof that BBC are better than ITV is that BBC thought that it was a good idea to show the goal from the other game, while ITV didn't even bother and couldn't even get the person who got sent off right!

I'm watching the Germany v Ghana game, the commentator is that **** Tyldesley, but I've found a worse co pundit that Mick McCarthy in Chris Coleman who is downright ****ing awful.

Predictably England progress to the next stage, once freed from the curse of ITV.

Please don't put us through this (and Tyldesley and Drury) again in future years: ban ITV.

Last night I also heard that in 2002 Germany beat England in the World cup, this was during the commentary of the Ghana v Germany game.

Where the hell do they get their commentators. They talk complete crap!

"I don't want to see him sent off but I want him to go". Robben did a blatent dive to try and get him sent off and Van Bommel (don't have a clue how he is Dutch captain as he didn't that good, is a diver and is a mouthy git) tried to get him sent off.

So annoys me when players just dive and try to get other players sent off.

Back