• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Off the Streets - Southend v Accrington 15th December

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
The UK is in the grip of a homelessness crisis, as increasing numbers of people are now living on the streets. At this time of year as we prepare for the festive season the Shrimpers Trust are backing local homeless charity Off the Streets and are asking for the whole Southend United community to join them to add their support.

Off the Streets is a grassroots community group which runs a night shelter supporting the homeless in the Southend area. Statistics provided by the charity show that on one night there were 72 rough sleepers in Southend, which illustrates the extent of the problem. The Off the Streets shelter focuses at being a stepping stone for guests and not a stopping point. So the group's work is not just about providing a place to sleep but also about working with individuals to help them move on to a more permanent home. The group will also go on outreach to the town's rough sleepers and check on their welfare and give them hot food to keep them warm.

On Saturday 15th December the Trust is asking that fans donate non-perishable items that can be passed on to Off the Streets to support their clients.

If you would like to support the campaign and donate some non-perishable items, any of the following will be most welcome:

• Hot drink tins or sachets - especially hot chocolate or similar
  • Bottled water
  • Sugar
  • Sweets, biscuits, chocolate
  • Breakfast cereal bars or similar snack bars
  • Tins or packets of non-perishable food items
  • Men's deodorant
Supporters are asked to bring their donations to the Shrimpers Bar before the game vs Accrington Stanley on Saturday 15thDecember.

offthestreetsdonate250.jpg
Alternatively if you would prefer to make a small donation to help Off the Streets with the good work they do in the area, the Trust will be organising a collection in the Shrimpers Bar before the game on Saturday.

Supporters wishing to make a donation direct to Off the Streets Southend can do so as follows:

PayPal: offthestreetssouthend@yahoo.com

Bank Transfer: Account No. 28336394. Sort Code: 23-05-80
The Trust is hoping that all Southend United supporters will want to work together at this time so as to help the homeless and vulnerable in our local community. Any items or donations you can make no matter how small will be very welcome.

In anticipation thank you so much for your support.

The Shrimpers Trust

Good work OBL. I am currently sitting with the central heating keeping me blissfully unaware of the conditions. Sadly, there are far too many who will not be as lucky as me. Off the Streets, sounds like a really good cause.

Good work OBL. I am currently sitting with the central heating keeping me blissfully unaware of the conditions. Sadly, there are far too many who will not be as lucky as me. Off the Streets, sounds like a really good cause.

You only have to turn the dial up, cant be that difficult.

What if you'd like to donate food goods but can't get there before kickoff?
I honestly don't know, do you mean you're going to the match but can't get to the Shrimpers? There is no way at all that the Club wants people walking into the ground with jars and tins - this would be a health and safety nightmare. I've tagged @Shrimperstrust to see if they have any ideas. I think the hope was, if you couldn't donate food, to donate cash.

I honestly don't know, do you mean you're going to the match but can't get to the Shrimpers? There is no way at all that the Club wants people walking into the ground with jars and tins - this would be a health and safety nightmare. I've tagged @Shrimperstrust to see if they have any ideas. I think the hope was, if you couldn't donate food, to donate cash.

At the moment because we're leading to Christmas I manage to escape from work to sometimes get to the ground for kickoff. But most of the time I'm a few minutes after the whistle. Maybe cash it is.

Back