• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Office Sexism.

DTS

The Business
I love the summer. You just cant beat it - Especially seeing all the lovely birds that London has to offer.

However if I have one critism its that women get away with murder. The best that I can do to battle the searing office heat is loosen my top button and roll my sleaves up. If we have a meeting I have to wear a tie.

The couple of battleships that work in this office are both in strappy vest tops, short skirts and open towed shoes. Not a pretty sight I can assure you.

Can you imagine the uproar if I come in in shorts and flip flops.

I would like to see a goverment act that above a certain heat men are allowed to wear shorts and a t-shirt as this is just wrong.
mad.gif

We've just discussed this in our office Dave. I'm glad to report that we've managed to convince our female boss to let us wear shorts. When all your doing is building websites does it really matter how smart you dress?!

Well I find the whole thing outrageous.
Buy a mortgage of a bloke with his shirt sleeves rolled up.....I don't think so. I just couldn't believe anything he said.
As for a web designer in shorts.....do me a favour, half dressed worker equals half arsed job in my book.
Next you office folk will be moaning your water cooler is 2 degress too warm.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ July 03 2006,15:01)]Well I find the whole thing outrageous.
Buy a mortgage of a bloke with his shirt sleeves rolled up.....I don't think so. I just couldn't believe anything he said.
As for a web designer in shorts.....do me a favour, half dressed worker equals half arsed job in my book.
As we are a telephone based operation I dont think you would know.

Hence my call for a Law. If everyone did it then it wouldnt be abnormal..
cool.gif

I've just finished college, but was sent home a few months back for wearing 3/4 lengths... Yet Girls come in wearing Short Skirts and cropped tops. Not that i'm complaining, but equality would be nice.

I'm pretty lucky working in the 'new media' industry that we can wear what we want, inc. shorts and footy shirts

although put jeans on today for some reason
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ July 03 2006,15:24)]I've just finished college, but was sent home a few months back for wearing 3/4 lengths... Yet Girls come in wearing Short Skirts and cropped tops. Not that i'm complaining, but equality would be nice.
They get paid less as well.

Fancy some of that too?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ July 03 2006,14:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ July 03 2006,15:01)]Well I find the whole thing outrageous.
As we are a telephone based operation I dont think you would know.

Hence my call for a Law. If everyone did it then it wouldnt be abnormal..
cool.gif
Don't be so sure. Just by the way you worded your reply lets me know your left handed and often scratch your shin bone with the other leg whilst closing a deal.

Spooky huh!  
ghostface.gif

I had this problem once. Girls in skirts, boys in trousers. I went to those responsible and made my gender's arguement as forcefully as I could, but to no avail.

Next day I turned up in a short skirt. The rules were revoked by lunchtime.

I thought I had nice legs...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 03 2006,15:31)]I'm pretty lucky working in the 'new media' industry that we can wear what we want, inc. shorts and footy shirts

although put jeans on today for some reason
rock.gif
And terrible underwear?

I went to work today wearing a pair of shorts, a summer short-sleeved shirt and a pair of sandals. But then I am an EFL teacher in Spain ...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 03 2006,21:44)]I went to work today wearing a pair of shorts, a summer short-sleeved shirt and a pair of sandals. But then I am an EFL teacher in Spain ...

biggrin.gif
Similar clothing for me too Mike...
biggrin.gif

Oh, and by the way, it's not even summer here but mid winter
cool.gif

Working in a capitalist pig bank like I do, the rules are fairly old-fashioned, and the best I can do is not have to wear a tie (unless I am out with clients). The females of the office, however... (and some of them aren't pretty...)
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ July 03 2006,15:03)]Hence my call for a Law. If everyone did it then it wouldnt be abnormal..
cool.gif
Not sure about the logic there. You could use the same argument for legalising sex with animals! Not that you WOULD. But you COULD....

suspect.gif

Back