• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. PB signs up.

Devils advocate answer.....
Maybe its because its always 110% energy and effort, sticks to a game plan religiously (apart from 1 rare sending off), can take pens, is verbal and supportive to other players, gets up the oppositions noses, rarely gets outbullied on the pitch, defensively sound, good positional play, wins a fair number of high balls, a better right back than Elvis but impressed managers when asked to play in the mid. Has notched up the second most minutes on the pitch this season despite managing a knee due to good fitness levels.
He's a player most teams would want (and sounds like has league options) but obviously wont be everyone's cup of tea as that type of player never is.
But decent reasons to validate an offer...
A decent devil's advocate answer to be fair. Maybe I'm just being overly cynical of someone who has been involved throughout this club's decline. If he's playing in RB then I suppose we couldn't go too far wrong. A part of me does still want a full clean slate but it's just not possible.

A decent devil's advocate answer to be fair. Maybe I'm just being overly cynical of someone who has been involved throughout this club's decline. If he's playing in RB then I suppose we couldn't go too far wrong. A part of me does still want a full clean slate but it's just not possible.
Totally get your views, nothing wrong with a bit of cynicism.
He can be petulant and at times too much on to the ref on the pitch.
He was involved in getting close to the play offs with us and previously with Walsall, and orient, so I suspect he has a balanced slate rather than just a defeatist one. Its a fair point to raise though because for some of our players its all they know professionally.

How on earth does JD get another offer. Way past his best and would have been one of the first to go IMO after his attitude this season. Stupid tackle vs Col U comes to mind.
I know some fail to see what Demi brings. Manager's whether at domestic or international level do- and they're the ones that matter. FWIW he epitomises what many fans say they want. Gives his all on the pitch, gets stuck in, wont be bullied. Committed and wants to play for the club.

We can't even hang on to the injury prone, knees are knackered, legs have gone nonsense. He was in the squad for 39 league games last year and played in 38 of them including back to back Sat-Tue-Sat. 3 of course he missed through a suspension (so that takes you to at least 42 he could have played). As has been endlessly explained his knee issue is not as bad as first thought and is very manageable. And his kms on the pitch per game would shame a few other members of the team. As would the amount of time NOT spent in the treatment room.

I know some fail to see what Demi brings. Manager's whether at domestic or international level do- and they're the ones that matter. FWIW he epitomises what many fans say they want. Gives his all on the pitch, gets stuck in, wont be bullied. Committed and wants to play for the club.

We can't even hang on to the injury prone, knees are knackered, legs have gone nonsense. He was in the squad for 39 league games last year and played in 38 of them including back to back Sat-Tue-Sat. 3 of course he missed through a suspension (so that takes you to at least 42 he could have played). As has been endlessly explained his knee issue is not as bad as first thought and is very manageable. And his kms on the pitch per game would shame a few other members of the team. As would the amount of time NOT spent in the treatment room.
Agreed.

If we’d had 11 Demetrious we wouldn’t have been relegated that’s for sure. I know he has his critics on here but he’s a grafter, plus he cares and he’s versatile. I can see why PB would want him.

Back