• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. PB signs up.

Oh well, at least it's only a 2 year deal.

We'll need to tighten our belts again around January 2023 if we're not in the promotion mix.

However if we can appoint a CEO with a long term plan that can mitigate some of the damage.

With what will be one of the biggest budgets and inheriting a solid defence there can be no excuses.
He's not inheriting a 'solid defence'. He's inheriting a side that was set up to draw every game 0-0.

Agree about Lennon and Acquah but I would keep Ralph if he is returning to fitness.

Wow....I don’t think we won a single game he played in and we shipped crappy goals for fun, often from crosses that he failed to stop. Talk about losing mentality, he lost so many times on the spin it’s probably damaged him as a player. He needs to go - this week will do. ?

Is it 2 or 3 years?. RM allegedly quoted a long term deal, which 2 years def isn't!.
Hi BBbl, I think it said 2 year contract, with a 1 year extension if promotion achieved in the first 2, or something similar.

"I’ve signed a two-year deal which is geared towards promotion and then it becomes a third year automatically, ........

Not interested into getting in a debate over this, but i think the point 'Overseas Shrimper' was highlighting, was PB's comment about ' to get it back to where it was when i left'?.
At that time, we'd lost 7 out of our last 8 games, & were 2 pts above the relegation positions?.

Yes, that's fine,I don't want to get into a debat either. That said, I'd rather be 2 points above the relegation zone in LG 1 than now being in the NL. That's probably what PB meant and he's quite right, we were in a better place before he left.

Wow....I don’t think we won a single game he played in and we shipped crappy goals for fun, often from crosses that he failed to stop. Talk about losing mentality, he lost so many times on the spin it’s probably damaged him as a player. He needs to go - this week will do. ?

If that happens, hope he signs for Grimsby!.

Not interested into getting in a debate over this, but i think the point 'Overseas Shrimper' was highlighting, was PB's comment about ' to get it back to where it was when i left'?.
At that time, we'd lost 7 out of our last 8 games, & were 2 pts above the relegation positions?.
Thank you. Glad you got my drift. Not sure why it was so difficult for him to understand.

I wonder how we will approach the league in terms of tactics and setting the team out against the teams in NL. Would we be possession based ?

Made my feelings clear in a thread last week. I’m happy with this and I’m delighted it’s been done so swiftly after the conclusion of the season. We’ve already learnt from one mistake from last year

I think the club and the manager actually needed each other right now. We’re both on a rebuild

3-1 Sutton Utd now, wilson, scored a nice goal but had too much time, Woking are terrible, and if Sutton are top.....well.

Not sure I can watch this next season, it's dire, you might as well go to the park.

I would keep Macca for one more season, just to buy the amount of free kicks he's going to get, because every time one of them falls over the ref blows up

3-1 Sutton Utd now, wilson, scored a nice goal but had too much time, Woking are terrible, and if Sutton are top.....well.

Not sure I can watch this next season, it's dire, you might as well go to the park.

I would keep Macca for one more season, just to buy the amount of free kicks he's going to get, because every time one of them falls over the ref blows up

In that case, let's re-sign Anthony Grant as a priority.

Back