• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. PB signs up.

Not excited by Brown being the manager but very pleased Ron has moved quickly and decisively, at least it smells like he’ll give Brown a chance to sort this shiz-show out.

I’ll get behind him and his team but he has to now receive the structure and financial sustainability to support his and our ambition.

Small positive 1st step, don’t slow down Ron ...

You’ll never change Phil Brown, he loves his self-aggrandizing, headline making statements, not that that’s a bad thing.

He’s certainly one of life’s Del Trotter type characters. I’m backing him to put Ron’s money where his considerable mouth is & glad we’ve acted quickly.

Now for Stan & RM to finalise the CEO role & we’re golden

Im feeling damned optimistic this evening.?

Brown does talk a load of bollocks in the press and there has barely been an interview with him since he returned that hasn't ground my gears but I like this one.

OK the 100 games thing doesn't really add up but he has to change the mentality and be as positive as possible. He needs everyone to buy into it, including Brown critics like me. More of this, and less of the throwing under the bus of anyone involved in the past three years.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been his biggest fan historically. I definitely felt his time was up last time and I stand by that. His time was very nearly up in my mind the season before in 2016/17, when we were sitting just outside the relegation zone in October. I think the cracks had been starting to appear in the dressing room.by that stage and that the first half of 2017/18 before he got sacked was just a continuation of that, despite the good recovery to 7th in 2016/17.

I'm happy with his return though. He's just the sort of personality we need and I've seen enough of a change in the last 6 games to suggest he could do a good job. He'll be able to rebuild and with a better structure in place, I don't think we'll be seeing signings like Kiernan, Kightly and Turner. Great to get it sorted early and to know that conversations have already taken place with two thirds of the squad, and that he's using the remaining 3 weeks of the VNL season to scout what we'll be up against next season.

Just the first step of many needed this week and next though IMO. Now need a permanent backroom team sorted, the Stan Collymore/CEO appointments made and the released/retained lost finalised. Then everybody involved needs to get to work and to not rest until a solid foundation and structure is in place for a huge turnaround on the pitch.

With what will be one of the biggest budgets and inheriting a solid defence there can be no excuses.

Lets wait and see on the budget. There's some decent budgets in the NL and I'm yet to be convinced Ron Martin has the financial clout to compete with them based on the last few years.

Also most of the defence I would imagine are gone.

Lets wait and see on the budget. There's some decent budgets in the NL and I'm yet to be convinced Ron Martin has the financial clout to compete with them based on the last few years.

Also most of the defence I would imagine are gone.
I’m sure the budget will be good or Brown would not of stayed I just hope we get the right players in

I think we have had decent budgets over the past 2-3 years, they have just been woefully used on over aged, injury prone has been compared to what younger players we should have been looking at.

Back