• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official site

rabbloke

Coach
Am I alone in thinking that the official site might reflect the feeling of the fans and at least express its disgust at the behaviour of Grimsby and Swansea fans last weekend? Should not RM be going through the motions of an official complaint to the governing body? Surely we do not want to see such scenes repeated and allow fans to contribute to the outcome of matches?
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 09 2005,15:21)]Am I alone in thinking that the official site might reflect the feeling of the fans and at least express its disgust at the behaviour of Grimsby and Swansea fans last weekend? Should not RM be going through the motions of an official complaint to the governing body? Surely we do not want to see such scenes repeated and allow fans to contribute to the outcome of matches?
mad.gif
The offical site did say he had spoken to the Grimsby chairman & would be contacting the football authorities.

I'd stop my cheque to GTFC or North Lincs Constabulary too if I was him!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 09 2005,15:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 09 2005,15:21)]Am I alone in thinking that the official site might reflect the feeling of the fans and at least express its disgust at the behaviour of Grimsby and Swansea fans last weekend? Should not RM be going through the motions of an official complaint to the governing body? Surely we do not want to see such scenes repeated and allow fans to contribute to the outcome of matches?
mad.gif
The offical site did say he had spoken to the Grimsby chairman & would be contacting the football authorities.

I'd stop my cheque to GTFC or North Lincs Constabulary too if I was him!
Beggared if I can find that on the official site. I hope it was more than just a couple of lines in passing.
rock.gif

The first mention was just a few words in passing and as for the second it should have been serious enough to have had its own heading. I applaud RM for taking this matter further but as for his remark that 'not a lot can be done about it now', that smacks of resignation over the matter. This was the clubs most important match in a long, long time and if nothing else Grimsby should be censured for their appalling behaviour and the officials who allowed it to continue should be suspended. The players should have been taken from the field of play, and possible risk, until the crowds were in their correct position. If order was not restored the game should have been abandoned and replayed. At least at Bury the referee acknowledged the danger and removed the players from the field.

this is not the first time this has happened, last game of the season at Grimsby. I seem to remember there was very bad trouble against Stoke a few years back, police helicopters and everything involved. Seemed there was aggro at the Stoke away game so the Grimsby lot caused mayhem at BP.Stoke fans couldn't get out of the ground for 2 hours, it was reported on the Radio, so I would have thought the FL would take a dim view of more crowd trouble.

Back