• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rabbloke

Coach
What is the point of the official site if it cannot be bothered to update at crucial times?. I know it is the weekend but thats when football is at its peak. I have logged on for some team news or up to date positive comments or even an injury list, but no, zip! I thought we were to believe that this is a mammoth game today and our season rests on the hopefully next three matches. perhaps the site could put that impression across and not neglect the fan as usual. I read on another thread that Tilly has branded some of the criticism as pathetic. The finger of comment wags in two directions and he should look in house too. This club has probably a better following than its years of disappointment deserve. Its high time we were appreciated and rewarded.

Thanks grayhound, but in fairness that is not exactly up to the minute news. I would like the official site to reflect my interest in the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 15 2005,13:41)]Thanks grayhound, but in fairness that is not exactly up to the minute news. I would like the official site to reflect my interest in the club.
And yet youre not at Northampton.

Im not either but Im not the one slagging the site off...perhaps theyre too busy following the team?

I think you'll find it's a bit more than "can't be bothered".

Have you ever tried to run a website? Yes, it can be done with "up to the minute" news 24/7, including matchdays, but the cost is phenomenal and we simply don't have enough fans and the club doesn't have enough money to justify it.

Stop moaning.

OK so tell me what I could have put up on the web apart from what injury and team news there already was?

I'm not going to put the team up until it is released which is one hour before kick-off as we don't really want to give away out team to Northampton in advance do we?

Secondly at 1.30pm I was travelling to the game today. Frankly, like Tilly found the comments in the press, I find yours pathetic.

As we both know, Dave, people who don't actually run their own websites (or can't be bothered) tend to be those who complain quickest. Maybe they'd like to take over the responsibility of the official site and find out just what a thankless task it can be ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 15 2005,16:58)]OK so tell me what I could have put up on the web apart from what injury and team news there already was?

I'm not going to put the team up until it is released which is one hour before kick-off as we don't really want to give away out team to Northampton in advance do we?

Secondly at 1.30pm I was travelling to the game today. Frankly, like Tilly found the comments in the press, I find yours pathetic.
Dave, you really don't need to justify yourself on this (and other) critisiscms.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ May 15 2005,21:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 15 2005,16:58)]OK so tell me what I could have put up on the web apart from what injury and team news there already was?

Dave, you really don't need to justify yourself on this (and other) critisiscms.
Agreed.

Everyone knows who sorts the official site. If there's a problem, why not PM Dave constructively?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 15 2005,21:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ May 15 2005,21:22)]
[b said:

Agreed.

Everyone knows who sorts the official site.  If there's a problem, why not PM Dave constructively?
Ahh, now there's the rub. There is no problem, and even if there was, I doubt that 'constructive' would be one of the first words to think of.

Personally, I'd like to thank Dave for his efforts. He has made a difference since he went onboard, and I for one appreciate it. Being stuck here in Berkshire, I only get home for the occasional match, so Shrimperzone and the club site give me all the news.

Hopefully at 1.30 today Dave was most of the way up the M1 to Sixfields. I hope that all those that were able to get to the match had a good day and did the club proud. I'm working next weekend so can't make that match either, bane of my life.

However, as I'm ever the optomist I have ensured I'm not working on the 28th  
laugh.gif
Third time lucky?
rock.gif

Again, agreed.

With all due respect for the previous site editor, the site is much more frequently updated now and generally has much more interesting stories.

However, the key thing is that, with the help of SZ, the club has now become a lot more fan-friendly and responsive to fans comments. To the best of my knowledge, not a lot of teams have this sort of relationship with the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 15 2005,21:50)]Agree, million times better than it used to be!
Spot on Wiggy.

rock.gif

I think I'm going to lie down now.

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 15 2005,22:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 15 2005,21:50)]Agree, million times better than it used to be!
Spot on Wiggy.

rock.gif

I think I'm going to lie down now.

upside.gif
Was that the real Wiggy?

Naps?

I just want to know before i post an agreeable message.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 15 2005,13:28)]What is the point of the official site if it cannot be bothered to update at crucial times?. I know it is the weekend but thats when football is at its peak. I have logged on for some team news or up to date positive comments or even an injury list, but no, zip! I thought we were to believe that this is a mammoth game today and our season rests on the hopefully next three matches. perhaps the site could put that impression across and not neglect the fan as usual. I read on another thread that Tilly has branded some of the criticism as pathetic. The finger of comment wags in two directions and he should look in house too. This club has probably a better following than its years of disappointment deserve. Its high time we were appreciated and rewarded.
I don't suppose the match report was up quick enough either....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 16 2005,09:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 15 2005,13:28)]What is the point of the official site if it cannot be bothered to update at crucial times?. I know it is the weekend but thats when football is at its peak. I have logged on for some team news or up to date positive comments or even an injury list, but no, zip! I thought we were to believe that this is a mammoth game today and our season rests on the hopefully next three matches. perhaps the site could put that impression across and not neglect the fan as usual. I read on another thread that Tilly has branded some of the criticism as pathetic. The finger of comment wags in two directions and he should look in house too. This club has probably a better following than its years of disappointment deserve. Its high time we were appreciated and rewarded.
I don't suppose the match report was up quick enough either....
I would like a match report of this Saturday's second leg tie uploaded on the official site by this afternoon so that I can get on with a few days writing in peace.

Come on, Scriv!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 16 2005,08:51)]I would like a match report of this Saturday's second leg tie uploaded on the official site by this afternoon so that I can get on with a few days writing in peace.
I'll have words........

Back