• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh dear, Mr Amess

I liked it when he ran and then hid from the Echo reporter, when asked to explain his expenses. Then he said he would meet anyone member of the public face to face to discuss his expenses, loads try to book an appointment, but he wouldn't comply.
He was one of the biggest p*ss takers where this was concerned, and filled his own pockets.

Having been in a local shop at the same time as him and his son this does not surprise me as he was humiliating his son in front of the guys in the shop. I don't think he deserves to be in public office.

He's an absolute c-unit. And that's said from personal experience

Sounds like his got the right criteria to become home secretary next year

The man is a complete tosser. Jumped ship as Basildon MP when it was plain that he would lose his seat and nabbed one of the safest tory seats in the country because Paul Channon (a damn decent bloke and excellent local MP) retired. I would rather see anyone in his place than him retaining his seat. A donkey wearing a straw hat would do a better job than this clown.

I went to see him once. At the Houses of Parliament. Very nice he was, listened to my left wing rant and to my surprise agreed. He asked for a photoshoot, which was on the lawn outside of the Commons.

Two years later he used MY PICTURE on his Tory election campaign leaflet.

As you can imagine I was left than chuffed. But a lesson has been learned.

Ain't all MP's total tossers to a man or woman,makes me vomit,**** the lot.

Does this make you an anarchist :)

I'd disagree. I've met more than a few. Some are complete tossers, but some are actually alright and do the job they are supposed to, which is to represent their constituents interests.

And they are not all left wingers..... whilst I'd never agree with Teddy Taylor's politics, he was, undoubtedly a good local MP and his isn't a bad bloke either.

I saw him at the Leigh fishing festival wearing some sort of cream linen suit.

He looked like a cross between the man from Del Monte and the proprietor of Fantasy Island.

I also don't think there is anything humiliating about being sick in front of scores of people. I think Mr Amess needs to get more in touch with his constituents.

Last edited:
Amess lost any crediblity the day he advertised the dangers of cake, a "made up drug" on Brasseye.

It was even worse than that. Absurdly, he threatened to sue them. Funnily enough, he never did, presumably because at his first and only meeting with his solicitor, it was pointed out to him that you can't sue someone just for making you look like a tw*t, especially when you are one anyway.

Back