• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh Dear Oh Dear

Says at the bottom of the page he was being ironic

Oh come on, is that the best you can do. What about the rest of the article. What about this bit,

They hypocrisy scarcely needs pointing out, although that Lowles would be so blatant is rather a surprise. They had nothing to say about the former BNP councillor who is now a Labour cabinet member in Darwen. No comment on the former openly Nazi Labour councillor in the Home Counties. Nothing about the 9 Labour councillors in Harrow or the 5 Labour councillors in Middlesbrough who resigned because of racism within the Labour Party.

Really, can you turn a blind eye to this?

Oh come on, is that the best you can do. What about the rest of the article. What about this bit,

They hypocrisy scarcely needs pointing out, although that Lowles would be so blatant is rather a surprise. They had nothing to say about the former BNP councillor who is now a Labour cabinet member in Darwen. No comment on the former openly Nazi Labour councillor in the Home Counties. Nothing about the 9 Labour councillors in Harrow or the 5 Labour councillors in Middlesbrough who resigned because of racism within the Labour Party.

Really, can you turn a blind eye to this?
If you look through back issues of Searchlight you will probably find that these people have been picked up on. The website has been set up to attack Hope Not Hate for some inexplicable reason and it doesn't deserve my time. The two things that jump out are 1) that the article that has been posted up here is attacking them for not criticising someone that they have criticised over and over again and failed to pick up on the irony of the 'well done' post 2) they write another article listing politicians wrongs that HnH have not highlighted - stuff like driving bans and expenses fiddles which are not in HnH's remit.
The site is a poorly set up joke, I shouldn't waste your time on it if I were you.

Selective remit if you ask me. I'll remember the 'irony' tag for the future. Seems like a fairly well used get out clause.

Selective remit if you ask me. I'll remember the 'irony' tag for the future. Seems like a fairly well used get out clause.
They are an anti racist pressure group, I'm sure if they had the funds and manpower they would try to put the world to rights on many other levels but you can't criticise them for not taking a stance on a random MP's expenses fiddle when they are purely an anti racist group and can easily use up all their time dealing with that as there is a lot of it about.

the irony was not a get out it was a fact - they have history with this guy so anyone with a knowledge of that would pick up on it, the fact the guy who has set up this website hasn't done any research is hardly HnH's fault. The site is half arsed and a waste of time. Do we know the history of the person who set it up? That could be telling. I suspect it is one person, if there are two of them the second would surly have said 'let's take this non story down, we've missed the point'

Last edited:
Funded by certain unions the Labour Party and the Daily Mirror. Not exactly scraping around for a couple of quid are they.

Funded by certain unions the Labour Party and the Daily Mirror. Not exactly scraping around for a couple of quid are they.
To an extent yes - how much do they receive from each? I drop them £20 every now and again so they are funded by me to an extent. Not sure why union funding would make them the target for a website set up specifically to attack them in a tragically incapable way. I would hope that whoever is funding that site (BNP?) would increase the amount so they can afford to pay a researcher who can make the articles relevant.

TUC back loads of inclusive organisations. HnH is also funded by Eddie Izzard, Billy Bragg, Alan Sugar....

Back