• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Angell Delight

Life President
.....so Harrold has signed. All I can say is when I was on the line down at Harlow Town 5 or 6 times and he was playing for them he was absolute toilet - and I believe its a view shared by the vast majority of fans from his previous clubs. What really worries me is what we're going to be left with in January, I expect Freddy to go by then and unless Ricketts gets himself properly fit and knuckles down we're going to be left with a strikeforce of Harrold and Paynter in the Championship.....people can say what they like but that worries me A LOT!!

Yes this is the CHAMPIONSHIP and if it comes down to those pair as a partnership I'm afraid we're in trouble.

down.gif

And Harrold's 5-knuckle-shuffle towards the West Stand last season will also not be forgotten by some either
mad.gif

I think you have made many a fair point. At the moment our attack minus Freddy does look lightweight.

However I have every faith in Tilly. I was uninspired when we got Sodje and yet he has won me over 100x over.

If Tilly likes him that is more than good enough for me. I dont believe he has made a bad signing yet.

DtS
Oo.gif

Once again, I'm prepared to believe that Tilly knows what he's doing but Jesus, he's really pushing it this time.

I'm sorry but what a bunch of mugs some people are.

can you all remind me what you all do for a living ? and to what level you all have FIFA qualifications.

Got to love the armchair pundits Eh!

Get a grip for heavens sake.

Shall I start you all off......all together now

TILSON OUT !!

mad.gif

I do - £200k for Paynter?  
rock.gif

When you consider Agogo, Forster and even Bridges (what a signing he is at £350k) transfer fees and the going rate we were absolutely done up the arse by Hull.

Before this season I was absolutely adamant that Tilly had NEVER made a mistake in the transfer market.....well I'm sorry to say but IMHO he's made two in the space of a few weeks.

And, like Paynter, a 3-year-deal for Harrold  
rock.gif

Can't believe a quality player like Hammell was offered only a two-year-deal whilst Harrold gets three!!!!!
down.gif

Well no disrespect you you .

But thank god Tilsons The manager and not you !

Paynter 22

Agogo 27

makes sense to me

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 01 2006,09:16)]I do - £200k for Paynter?  
rock.gif

When you consider Agogo, Forster and even Bridges (what a signing he is at £350k) transfer fees and the going rate we were absolutely done up the arse by Hull.

Before this season I was absolutely adamant that Tilly had NEVER made a mistake in the transfer market.....well I'm sorry to say but IMHO he's made two in the space of a few weeks.

And, like Paynter, a 3-year-deal for Harrold  
rock.gif

down.gif
Whilst I agree on current showing he havent seem much to show Painter as a £250k player I would argue that he has only actually started ONE game - so its a bit early to judge.

Harrold with all due respects I doubt anyone has seen much of recently so have faith in Tilly....Probably paid peanuts for him.

I would certainly rather see him upfront than Spinner...

Come on lads - Faith in Tilly......
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]However I have every faith in Tilly. I was uninspired when we got Sodje and yet he has won me over 100x over.

Personally I thought we had won the lottery when we signed Sodje....for me he was Yeovils best player and I seem to remember that when he went off injured in his last game against us that Yeovils defence fell apart and we went on to win 4-1 that night.

I share most peoples concerns that we are signing unproven or inconsistent strikers which makes everyone nervous.....what we were all hoping for was a Goat standard/experience replacement.

Only time will tell but what we need is for one of the pack to really gel with Fred and hopefully have at least one of them as a decent replacement.

I'm dreading January already

sad.gif

My worry is that this signing seems to show Tilly's lack of faith in Paynter. If Billy had impressed him so far (in matches and training), I doubt he would have gone in for Harrold. £250,000 is looking like a hell of a lot of money for Paynter at this moment in time....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ Sep. 01 2006,09:21)]Well no disrespect you you .

But thank god Tilsons The manager and not you !

Paynter 22

Agogo 27

makes sense to me
Oh right and simply because of age you'd rather splash out on a 22-year-old striker who's 1st touch is very poor, doesn't win much in the air and has a very poor goalscoring record rather than a 27-year-old livewire striker who has pace, trickery and a half-decent goal ratio.

Hmmmm tricky decision in my book.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ Sep. 01 2006,09:29)]What a goalscoring record - looks like Broughtons......

The Yeovil fans are calling Russell Slade "a genius salesman" for getting money for him and saying he has looked completely out of his depth in League 1...........

sad.gif
To be fair mate take it from my own personal experience he looked out of his depth at Harlow!!! And I gotta say for someone who's game isn't to try and get in behind defenders Harrold gave me a lot of work in those nights at Harlow in terms of raising my flag.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Elvisisashrimper @ Sep. 01 2006,09:23)]Only time will tell but what we need is for one of the pack to really gel with Fred and hopefully have at least one of them as a decent replacement.
Realistically now the only striker likely to do that now is Ricketts and I personally think he'll do well for us and for Freddy IF he can get fully fit. It's imperative he does because if Freddy does go in January he'll be by far our most influential striker and we're gonna need him.

Of the rest I'd rather see Hooper given a go above anyone else - yes he's raw but I think he and Freddy together would cause problems. We should throw him in for a full 90 against Brighton and see what happens, of everyone he could be the eventual successor to Eastwood.

I do hope both Harold and Paynter ate a hearty breakfast as they appear to be codemned men in the eyes of some SZ'ers.

Paynters played a few times for us and Harold hasnt even got accustomed to his new surroundings yet.

How about giving them a chance in a Southend shirt eh? When was the last time Tilly & Brush let us down with a signing?  
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 01 2006,09:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ Sep. 01 2006,09:29)]What a goalscoring record - looks like Broughtons......

The Yeovil fans are calling Russell Slade "a genius salesman" for getting money for him and saying he has looked completely out of his depth in League 1...........

sad.gif
To be fair mate take it from my own personal experience he looked out of his depth at Harlow!!! And I gotta say for someone who's game isn't to try and get in behind defenders Harrold gave me a lot of work in those nights at Harlow in terms of raising my flag.
You've always been a flag happy lino
laugh.gif

I agree with you AD I'd of rather seen Agogo in than Paynter but lets give Paynter time to settle before completely writing him off

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 01 2006,09:36)]
[b said:

sad.gif
He sounds like a panic buy to me!!

More money wasted then!

Lets say we spent £100k on harrold, and the £200k for Paynter. We could have offered Swansea £300k for Robinson, and given Lawson more of a chance in the first team.

I feel for Lawson, he hasn't done anything wrong in my book and more than deserves his chance! Nice to see someone progress as a youngster to the first team, only to not get a chance because £200k is splashed out on Paynter!

If i was Lawson, i'd ask for a transfer request and ply his trade elsewhere! What else does he have to do to get a chance? This is something i'd hate to see, but in reality it probably will. The same happened to Kigthly, and looks how well he's done at Grays!

What I can't get my head round is Tilly selling Gray to Yeovil, who took Harrold's starting place...

Then bringing Harrold to Roots Hall...

Doesn't make sense to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Sep. 01 2006,09:45)]but lets give Paynter time to settle before completely writing him off
The same quote was said about Greame Jones!
laugh.gif

Paynter to me looks like a Harrods version of donkey Greame Jones!

Back