• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Baylock

Oh Deegan,
You're certainly no Keegan,
Combative like John Thaw in The Sweeney,
He played a guy called Reagan.

You're not a fast as Stan,
Not as skilful as Crowny,
Do us all a favour,
And sign him up please Browny.

Thank you.

Haha.

Wasnt expecting much from him seeing as we had him on trial and let him go, plus people who saw him play said he wasnt up to much.

However he has really impressed me and has done a great job already. Not just a thug either, uses the ball well and his long range passing is pretty good too.

I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough of Gary Deegan!

I’ve been intrigued by Deegan ever since seeing him in pre-season. So much so, that I commissioned an independent study into this enigma of a man. It’s taken some time, but the, ever thorough, Institute of Beeronautics have finally delivered their report, which is illuminating if not surprising.

Deegan is composed entirely of muscle, and fury.

His only sustenance; the abject, gibbering terror experienced by his enemies, which is absorbed via an osmosis-like process and consumed in a gaping black pit in his chest where other men’s hearts would be.

So there you have it folks a complete analysis of Gary Deegan. I was intending to add some research to this report myself, but the trembling hands of the ashen-faced researcher who handed over his dossier whilst gulping down large brandies, persuaded me that discretion would be the better part of valour in this case.

To paraphrase one of the greatest men of our generation, I pity the fool who tries to take his Southend shirt, or the ball, away from him.

For your own safety, Mr Brown, sign him up. A 100 year contract should be enough to appease him.

Indeedy when I think of Mr Deegan I am reminded of the "Simon the Ogre" advert on the telly when the guy goes on holiday & turns from an ogre to a man. I believe that Deegan was used as the pre human ogre whilst waiting for a contract.

Moderators!!!!

Have you told Mrs Baylock that this is NOT a dating site?

I know it took a while but mrsblue did understand about loving up to Jason Wiliams; partially at least.

I would like to apologise to Mr Deegan.
The overweight and slow player with legs like tree trunks that was seen in pre season was slagged off by me as not being good enough for our squad, let alone first team. I also thought that he was a bit of a sniper on opposition players, but with no finesse, so I thought he would be the type to get sent off a lot.
How wrong I have been. He's the guy that does the dirty work. He mops up a lot. He gets in their faces. Yes he's a bit nasty sometimes, but other teams have been doing that to our softer players for years. He can play a bit as well, so he's not just a much needed tough guy.
He has shed a lot of weight, his legs are now more muscle than fat. His fitness has really improved, I have seen this watching training. He knows when he is walking a tight rope, so has the intelligence to not push his luck with refs. Of course he will be shortly offered a long term contract, and nobody can deny that he deserves it. He played a huge part in that 4 game winning streak.
Well done, and welcome to Southend United Mr Deegan.

He certainly had the best facial hair on display yesterday. :thumbsup:

Deegan - A man with a beard,
And, for many, a player to be feared.
Gazza, Gazza shouts Penney from the side,
A man you know can turn the tide,
Come on Brown, sign him up,
We need him in the F.A. Cup.

He did well yesterday. I didn't reallth think his yellow card was warranted and the Morecambe players then tried their all to get him sent off. At one point, their player ran in front of Deegan when they had a throw then threw himself to the ground holding his ankle trying to get Deegan sent off. In actual fact, he ran across Deegan and got caught himself. Luckily the ref saw thru it.

Like others, I wasn't over awed with Deegan after seeing him in pre-season, but he has been a delight to watch since signing. Does the tidying up, the dirty work, enforces punishment when needed and generally covers the defence at the same time as playing some really good ball out to the wing. Long may he continue to be a Blues player

He did well yesterday. I didn't reallth think his yellow card was warranted and the Morecambe players then tried their all to get him sent off. At one point, their player ran in front of Deegan when they had a throw then threw himself to the ground holding his ankle trying to get Deegan sent off. In actual fact, he ran across Deegan and got caught himself. Luckily the ref saw thru it.

Like others, I wasn't over awed with Deegan after seeing him in pre-season, but he has been a delight to watch since signing. Does the tidying up, the dirty work, enforces punishment when needed and generally covers the defence at the same time as playing some really good ball out to the wing. Long may he continue to be a Blues player

Totally agree. I couldn't be arsed to name a m.o.m yesterday. but today Deegan fits the bill. I do wonder whether Deegan and Timlin can exist in the same team however when Timms is fit again.

He's big, He's black its deegan woah deegan woah

He isn't Black and not the biggest player so no idea what this is all about :stunned:

He is big, and he is black? No idea what your on about David

Deegan isn't black. As Bobby Dazzler says, I think you are confusing Deegan for someone else. If you really have no idea what I'm on about, then you need to go for a good lay down as you originally posted that Deegan is Black and big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back