• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Csboy

Manager
Because of some silly game we have at Wembley our game at the mecca of Football 'The Recreation Ground' against the mighty Aldershot will have to be rearranged and we all know what that means an evening game with their dodgy floodlights. Maybe the club can ask for the game to be played on a Tuesday afternoon just in case the floodlights go again like they did last year which cost us promotion.

Because of some silly game we have at Wembley our game at the mecca of Football 'The Recreation Ground' against the mighty Aldershot will have to be rearranged and we all know what that means an evening game with their dodgy floodlights. Maybe the club can ask for the game to be played on a Tuesday afternoon just in case the floodlights go again like they did last year which cost us promotion.

I'm sure that tinpot club who cost us promotion will understand, we ae the Thames Estuary Galactico's after all.... :smile:

that's slightly annoying, wanted to check off that tinpot ground as I still have not seen a full match there yet! and can't do it on a Tuesday night.... damn. At least we got Wembley though! :D

No worries. I will tale a diesel generator with me! that way they have no excuses if such an incident occours again!.. :dim:

Rubbish, the Wembley games on the Sunday, we should play Aldershot on the Saturday as a warm up game!

Players these days are soft.

Didn't they do that over Christmas in the old days? Play one fixture Christmas Eve or Day and then the reverse the next day?

And at Easter used to play Good Friday, Saturday then Easter Monday. Not sure when that last happened probably 25 years ago.

Good news indeed,we might be the team to relegate them,at a later date,what goes round comes round,tinpot outfit.

As long as we take a legion of sparks with us and some bulbs we'll be okay..

EDIT appears they now have Andy Scott as manager.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys but the league rules state that we take (sorry you give) us 6 points each season :winking:,enjoy jour trip to Wembley but deep down I know you love coming to the Wreck :tease:

Oh wouldn't that just be poetic justice after they cost us promotion last year effectively.

surely the fact you failed to get the required amount of points over 46 games is what cost you promotion?
- you could equally blame one of the other 12 games you lost no?

I really hope we contribute in sending them back where they belong.

where we belong?? - if you look back over the years since 1926, i think you'll find that the vast majority of them were spent in the 4th tier of league football, so that would suggest we are exactly where we belong...

unlike yourselves, who i would say are underachieving:D

Back