• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
russ-abbott.jpg

I love a party with a happy atmosphere !
laugh.gif

As the atmosphere on Saturday was as flat as Goldie Hawn's chest I'd like to suggest limiting our home gate to 8,000 for big games and asking each non-season ticket fan 3 SUFC related questions before they come through the turnstiles. If they fail the test for those in the West we should seat them in W block with the chavs. In the South the Lumpy Boys will set them straight and in the East Napper can sort out any miscreants !

On a serious note would it not be possible to have at least one part of the ground, at least in the West and South with open seating next season or are there specific ground/league regulations relating to sitting in a designated place that are cast in stone ?

Knock down the wall between W+X and let them have a free for all seating policy there. For most games away fans don't need to be seated any further West of the goal so there are no security issues that I can think of.

Its a good idea to knock down the wall. Why is that there anyway? I can't really remember any times that away fans have sold out the whole of the North bank up to the wall. Apart from Canvey, even Yeovil and Swansea didnt bring that many fans to fill out. Great idea ORM!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 15 2005,10:41)]Its a good idea to knock down the wall. Why is that there anyway? I can't really remember any times that away fans have sold out the whole of the North bank up to the wall. Apart from Canvey, even Yeovil and Swansea didnt bring that many fans to fill out. Great idea ORM!
Before you were born there were no seats anywhere other than in to top section of the east stand. The Ends of the ground were cheaper than the sides and each stand was seperated fron the other by walls.

This is the wall between the North bank (of which this corner was rarely used, A) because it was uncovered B) because the view was S**t) and the West side
Even when we first went all seater, this wall remained, as that corner initially wasn't used.

Back