• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Saw this excellent documentary on Dr Feelgood at a special screening here in Barcelona earlier this evening with Director Julian Temple introducing the film.
Had a brief chat with JT afterwards and shook his hand while thanking him for making a great film on my favorite local band.Think he was a bit suprised to have someone from Westcliff in the audience.:)
My only criticism of the film would be that it ignores the role that Southend itself rather than just Canvey played in the sucess of the Feelgoods.Anyone who saw them at The Esplanade,Cricketers,Station Hotel, Westcliff or at the Kursaal knows how important these dates were before they broke into the London pub circuit and national scene.
Great to see scenes from the Wembley rock and roll festival( where they backed Heinz)and Hammersmith Odeon which I remember fondly.Also some nice scenes in The Grand with Lee Brilleaux and on the rock with Wilko et al,plus stuff from the 1953 flood which I'd never seen before.
Well worth catching.:clap:

Is this film going on general release or just a dvd? I'm a Feelgood fan myself and really want to see this.

Is this film going on general release or just a dvd? I'm a Feelgood fan myself and really want to see this.

GHG,
It will be going on some sort of general release hopefully though as you suggest it might also go straight onto DVD.At the moment it's just playing at a few festivals such as the London Film festival in September/October and here in Barcelona at the In-edit music documentary festival.Julian Temple was only in Barna overnight so he must be touring the film elsewhere on the festival circuit.
You could always sign up for a pre-release notification(no obligation to buy)at Amazon which will tell you when it's available to buy on DVD-probably in 6 months time or less.
Hope this helps,Sir!

This Facebook page should give you the info you need:-

Oil City Confidential - The Dr. Feelgood Story

I'm seeing it in Brighton on Dec. 4th as I can't wait for the DVD to come out. Also, I'll get to boo Bailey at Charlton the day after and when we win, that will be reasons to be cheerful ... one, two, three ...:)

GHG,
Julian Temple was only in Barna overnight so he must be touring the film elsewhere on the festival circuit.

That's right - he's doing the Q&A bit at Brighton too ...

Hey, Phil ... don't know if you saw this when I posted it on the 'Oil City Confidential' thread, but it's a great interview with 'The Bard Of Canvey' ...

theartsdesk Q&A: Wilko Johnson
Source: www.theartsdesk.com

That's right - he's doing the Q&A bit at Brighton too ...

Hey, Phil ... don't know if you saw this when I posted it on the 'Oil City Confidential' thread, but it's a great interview with 'The Bard Of Canvey' ...

theartsdesk Q&A: Wilko Johnson
Source: www.theartsdesk.com

This is an excellent link.Cheers Rob.If you meet him in Brighton tell him it was your brother from Westcliff who went up and shook his hand after the show in Barcelona.

Last edited:
Back