• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Email RM the questions

• Other please advise?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Not that I am his favourite flavour of the month ATM, but ask sensible questions...and I will put them to him.

1. Why have you not paid Tilly the money he is due after 6 months?

This won't receive a meaningful response as I suspect there might not actually be any real news but here goes:

2. When will construction begin on Fossetts Farm / the Sainsbury Arena (delete as appropriate)?

Do you wish fans would realise that whilst you are less than perfect, you've done the best you can, and you are the only option?

The very worrying question that won't get an answer

4.i) Is there a deal in place which says we have to be off of The Roots Hall Site by a certain deadline (i.e. prior to the planning permission expiring)

ii) If so, where would we be groundsharing? There were rumours you had spoke to Gillingham and Orient last season about this becomming a reality.

Is there any chance with the current financial crisis of fossetts not going ahead ? And if so where does that leave the club.

Is there a possibilty that we will have to move into a smaller revised stadium than originally designed due to finance and league position

What are your plans for the footballing side of the club to improve our short term future

How do you keep such a beautiful mane looking so radiant and shiny?

Do you wish fans would realise that whilst you are less than perfect, you've done the best you can, and you are the only option?

IE less than perfect as in destroying the back bone of this football club, selling every asset we own, destroyed the relationship the club has with borough of southend, alienated the club from loc\al businesses , imorally treating your staff and work force over the past couple of years,bullied your staff with an iron fist, not paying any of your bills...

why do you have a photo of your face with your eyes blacked out?? thats a bit weird isnt it?? the kind of thing someone would do if they proper rate themsleves? I dont understand

IE less than perfect as in destroying the back bone of this football club, selling every asset we own, destroyed the relationship the club has with borough of southend, alienated the club from loc\al businesses , imorally treating your staff and work force over the past couple of years,bullied your staff with an iron fist, not paying any of your bills...

why do you have a photo of your face with your eyes blacked out?? thats a bit weird isnt it?? the kind of thing someone would do if they proper rate themsleves? I dont understand

What I'm saying is that perhaps RM isn't as bad as everyone makes out. I'm not saying he is good, far from it. But look at this from another angle. The contract's that were handed to players like Macca, Barratt et al played a big part in our financial crisis. For this RM gets the blame. Fair point, but only to an extent. No one can deny that there would have been uproar had we not offered said contracts and the players left us. It's food for thought. There's no denying the fact that RM has ****ed up, but hating him and not supporting him seems to only damage the club, not him.

I'd just like to know why he so consistently treats people so disrespectfully - supporters, players and ex-staff, suppliers etc.

Not a question to Ron but what is the point? The following could happen :-

1) He'll ignore any request for further information and alienate a section of the support.
2) He'll come up with some new slant on how to dodge the answers and spin us some new lines to give the support a glimmer of hope, again alienating a section of the support
3) He'll come up with some list of crass promises to try & win the support of most fans back and possibly alienate Sainsburys support

All I think needs answering now definitively though (as per Cricko's first post) is when will Tilson & Brush be paid every single penny left owing to them and when will they be free to seek further employment elsewhere within football?

Well done, Cricko. Get some good questions to ask. I particularly like your one. ;) Was going to give you some green, but I need to spread it around!

At the end of the day, though, if you do get any answers to any of your questions, you know what it will be like.

Take your cracking question: "Why have you not paid Tilly the money he is due after 6 months?" Is there any chance he'll reply and say: "Actually, I don't know. I really ought to. I think I'll just pay him now. Thanks for pointing it out." Or do you think you'll get a long response about following due legal process, things being complicated, these things taking time, he is striving to achieve things for the club's long-term success, he's been busy attending to important issues affecting the club (which people wouldn't appreciate that he has to deal with), just watch this space and believe, etc?

Not wanting to put down an attempt or effort to try to get answers and move the club in a direction we all want to see, but just like the blogs, you and I would presumably both not expect a meaningful answer that we'd be satisfied with. It's actions I want to see - not any more words. We've had enough of those over the last couple of years. I (and presumably you) want to see OUR club run properly.

The question is: what can be done to try to bring about what we want? A few months ago, FBM talked about peaceful protests if people weren't being paid, until they were paid. Whether it's protests or something else, some form of co-ordinated action is needed rather than a single email.

EB, you also forgot to add that he's got 27 companies to run and that HIS club will be run as HE sees fit...:p

Are any of his companies making a profit? If so, by how much and which companies are they...?
Where does he see himself in 5 years and in what line of business?

What still needs to be put in place to commence FF?
What is the timeline for development?
What is his contingency if they cannot commence before Planning Permission runs out?
Are there any funds to strengthen the squad?
Will the players get paid on time this season?
Are we going to meet our tax obligations ontime?
Does he still think we are due a refund of taxes?
Has Paul Sturrock signed a contract?

Back